Mr. Green Gaming

MC server upgrade suggestion

Dr.Minky

I think that to keep the lag down, and amount of players down, a registration thing should be started. to register, people should have to have an account on the forum. Any thoughts?

= just as many players, and more people spamming the forums with 'its lagging' 'unban me' 'ban this person' etc,

The only restricted access that'd make sense in my opinion would be making it completely reserved slots for a small monthly fee of like 2 euros, in my opinion

Perhaps some way to earn GC in the server. (like 4 XP orbs is 1 GC or after every 10 active mins 1 GC (put AFK timer to 20 secs so AFK GC farming wont work))

I diasagree with earning gc in MineCraft.. Should be donations only for mc people. All they have to do is download a certain client and they can spawn themselves unlimited items and get tons of green coins or give themselves a fuck ton of XP and then Corby would have to moderate how people earn green coins too.. Its not a problem you get on other games really. None of the .nl players donate anyway so if they want green coins they should pay for them :V

I dont know modding as well as most do but, Isnt there a way to make the earning of it completely server sided so Client side mods wont work. (as the XP suggestion) And ofc the ammounts of GC earned could be much less, like 1 GC per 100 xp or something like that. So that paying is the only reasonable way of getting it, but the getting it in the server is just to tempt people into buying. (bit of marketing)

I don't see the point of adding Green Coins to minecraft if there is no way of using them on the minecraft server. There are also sererval practical problems with trying to add a GC system like who is going to make the GC plugin (if it is possible within the constraints of Bukkit anyway) for the server and does the server have enough cpu power to run another plugin.

Some of the lag is caused by players joining the server and having really high ping.