Mr. Green Gaming

Need help with Hammer

So I decided to start mapping some zombie survival maps. I have been mapping before but I have only made surf maps for CS:S.

Now to the actual problem. I need some props from CS:S, but my hammer only shows props of HL2 and some props that I have downloaded from another gmod servers. I tried to google this problem and got solution to install GCFScape. Only problem is that I dont have any clue how to use it.

I know this forum has some great mappers so I would like some help fast as possible.

So I decided to start mapping some zombie survival maps. I have been mapping before but I have only made surf maps for CS:S.

Now to the actual problem. I need some props from CS:S, but my hammer only shows props of HL2 and some props that I have downloaded from another gmod servers. I tried to google this problem and got solution to install GCFScape. Only problem is that I dont have any clue how to use it.

I know this forum has some great mappers so I would like some help fast as possible.

Im in the same boat ^^ although maybe a bit behind since this is the first time using hammer editor. Have used other engines for level design however. You should ask Pufulet or Mr. Darkess about your prop problem. Pufulet is one of our most active zs mappers so he should be able to solve ure problem, mr darkness is also very active and is helpin me to learn hammer atm so is used to helpin nawbs :P

Edited by F1ddle D1ddle

Well sounds like you have not actually enabled Counterstrike Source content. To do so go in hammer -> tools -> options, and under game data files, click on "add" and select "cstrike.fgd" and open it.

As you can see I use css, hl2 and halflife 2 multiplayer which is pretty much exactly what you would want for zs mapping.

If you have any other questions regarding source sdk just add me on steam.

post-1289-0-64893400-1334396834_thumb.pn

post-1289-0-04559300-1334396958_thumb.pn

Edited by Pufulet

Pufu told you a bit wrong, since it doesnt help much.

FDG only moves entities and nothing else so FDG won't really help.

What I would advice you is first do your map using Source engine MP, Counter-Strike: Source and do the geometry of your map there. Once you are done with the geometry, open the same map with Source Engine 2009, HL2.

Place all the nesessary entities there (even if you will see some errors and missing white (in hammer editor, which are P&B) textures). You can do what Pufu said for entities, so you have those CSS entities in your hammer (some will be shown as ERROR (if its info_player_terrorist or counterterrorist) or just a cube). Once you have done with it, run the game USING SOURCE ENGINE MP, CSS or else your css textures will be f*cked, hl2 textures and models are in every source game, so don't worry.

After you are done with it, copy the .bsp map from the foldier you saved your map at (like steamapps > *username* > Sourceskd_content > css > Mapsrc) and place it into garrysmod>garrysmod>maps. Run Gmod and the map.

A piece of an advice:

http://www.noxiousne...hp?topic=2373.0

Edited by Mr. Darkness

What I would advice you is first do your map using Source engine MP, Counter-Strike: Source and do the geometry of your map there. Once you are done with the geometry, open the same map with Source Engine 2009, HL2.

Place all the nesessary entities there (even if you will see some errors and missing white (in hammer editor, which are P&B) textures). You can do what Pufu said for entities, so you have those CSS entities in your hammer (some will be shown as ERROR (if its info_player_terrorist or counterterrorist) or just a cube). Once you have done with it, run the game USING SOURCE ENGINE MP, CSS or else your css textures will be f*cked, hl2 textures and models are in every source game, so don't worry.

After you are done with it, copy the .bsp map from the foldier you saved your map at (like steamapps > *username* > Sourceskd_content > css > Mapsrc) and place it into garrysmod>garrysmod>maps. Run Gmod and the map.

A piece of an advice:

Thanks for help, so ill first make map with Source Engine MP and then move to source engine 2009.

A piece of an advice:

Thanks for help, so ill first make map with Source Engine MP and then move to source engine 2009.

No problem and yes, Compile it in CSS after you done all this.

You can compile in Hl2 for preview tho, if you want, but you will be missing textures.

@Pufu, only entities are moved, but models and textures still remain the same.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

A piece of an advice:

You can compile in Hl2 for preview tho, if you want, but you will be missing textures.

if you remove css then you dont have any css content

A piece of an advice:

if you remove css then you dont have any css content

What are you talking about?

I didn't say you had to remove CSS.