Mr. Green Gaming

Lowering the max ping

well, I rather play with 30 players with some high pingers then ending up with 10 players.

Seems there is much less activity then few months ago already ^^

What if the less activity is a result of the high ping people. There are not much high pingers however there are usually 2-5 ones. Sometimes even more.

If the people who left because of the reason i just gave they will probably come back.

• 11 months later...
Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to lower the maximum ping to 150 or so.

This because i (and others) get sick and tired of those 200+ ping who are just driving trough you so you get knocked off the road while they remain on their way.

Did you get any ping problem when playing online games?

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your ping rate using Whoisxy.com 

well, I rather play with 30 players with some high pingers then ending up with 10 players.

catering to the lowest standards possible probably alienates more people than it gains.

Bad idea

-there are a lot players From Sudamerica, he has a ping 200/350 Max Ping, And the server could lost Many players

why not remove the pinglimit at all then? seems to be unfair for guys from distand places, who are still on dial up

What if the less activity is a result of the high ping people. There are not much high pingers however there are usually 2-5 ones. Sometimes even more.

If the people who left because of the reason i just gave they will probably come back.

You start messing with the characteristic of the server and people stop playing.. If they dont like it or if they cant keep up with higher fps or ping wise they will leave and find other srevers.. Cause there are LOTS of them out there.

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to lower the maximum ping to 150 or so.

This because i (and others) get sick and tired of those 200+ ping who are just driving trough you so you get knocked off the road while they remain on their way.

Did you get any ping problem when playing online games?

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your ping rate using Whoisxy.com 

Read though this, there are tweaks to help with throughput and it could possibly help you ping stablity, not saying it will lower it, but might help keep it lower, instead of bouncing around.  

http://www.speedguide.net/articles.php?category=93

And forsure do this just to speed up internet..

Just hit optimal settings, and slide the bar to your internet bandwith 10mbs 20 30 so on

http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Bad idea

-there are a lot players From Sudamerica, he has a ping 200/350 Max Ping, And the server could lost Many players

why not remove the pinglimit at all then? seems to be unfair for guys from distand places, who are still on dial up
In Mexico the majority have a Connection DSL

well, yea... my point was, some people are always goin to get kicked for their ping, and in my opinion it should be a lot more.

Bad idea

well, yea... my point was, some people are always goin to get kicked for their ping, and in my opinion it should be a lot more.

It would affect the server, the maximum players Per day could be 20 in the rush Hour

• 4 weeks later...

Bad idea

It would affect the server, the maximum players Per day could be 20 in the rush Hour

if thats the amount of people who play here, then so be it. at least give a normal pinglimit a try, 200 is already high, 350 is just ridiculous on a server, where most maps are non gm.

Bad idea

if thats the amount of people who play here, then so be it. at least give a normal pinglimit a try, 200 is already high, 350 is just ridiculous on a server, where most maps are non gm.

But the maps with non-gm are for Ramm to the players

-And it's Funny

-The good stuff they can be fun!