Mr. Green Gaming

Steam problems (?)

JBr0ley

So I didn't really know where to post this, but since it says "Quick questions" in the sub forum description I'm posting it here. So, I've somehow lost all my achievements on L4D, and I can't host anymore (not even with local server) it just says "Lost connection to session", The steam friend server is also down for me, but not for anyone else(?) I'm assuming this is cause the server in my region is down. Either way, not being able to connect to Steam friend server shouldn't effect L4D? In the ways I described. I'd appreciate a response from anyone =P

Since L4D uses that weird system without dedicated servers, it's possibly not working when the "Friends" service is offline.

Steam had a pretty long time of maintenance today, but everything is online again (for me). Also, according to TF2 I had no achievements or whatsoever.

Since L4D uses that weird system without dedicated servers, it's possibly not working when the "Friends" service is offline.

Steam had a pretty long time of maintenance today, but everything is online again (for me). Also, according to TF2 I had no achievements or whatsoever.

So, with others words. I have to play the waiting game =P?

Yep :P

You can still play games that use dedicated servers though, CSS and TF2 for example.

I have rather large problems with steam too. I lose connection to the VAC secure servers, and so get kicked every at least half hour. This is why I hardly play L4D or CSS :(

Also, when I am ingame, steam loses connection to the friends servers periodically, so I seem to sign in and out. Pisses off almost everyone on my list.

Yep :P

You can still play games that use dedicated servers though, CSS and TF2 for example.

Yea I know =P I'm on mr.green at the moment. But how long does one of these maintenance usually take? Cause I asked one of my friends who lives in stockholm (About 30miles from me) and his SF isn't down. Shouldn't we use the same server?

I have rather large problems with steam too. I lose connection to the VAC secure servers, and so get kicked every at least half hour. This is why I hardly play L4D or CSS :(

Also, when I am ingame, steam loses connection to the friends servers periodically, so I seem to sign in and out. Pisses off almost everyone on my list.

I haven't had it in the past though.

im not sure if this is related, but even if im not playing a game or anything, it'll keep losing connection to steam friends, and only that, i know this because it was losing connection, but i was on firefox perfectly fine no problems...

but it does also randomly lose connection while in game, but i dont talk to many people anyways

:V

im not sure if this is related, but even if im not playing a game or anything, it'll keep losing connection to steam friends, and only that, i know this because it was losing connection, but i was on firefox perfectly fine no problems...

but it does also randomly lose connection while in game, but i dont talk to many people anyways

Exactly what mine does... :(

Exactly what mine does... :(

but also i can still connect to steam community on the overlay, its just rather slow, but i am in a game though

:gmod:

I can do that aswell, just steam chat windows say

Julio Goldberg is now Offline.
Your state is set to Offline.
Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
Connected again and rejoined chat.
Julio Goldberg is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
Julio Goldberg is now Online.

Alot...

I can do that aswell, just steam chat windows say

Julio Goldberg is now Offline.
Your state is set to Offline.
Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
Connected again and rejoined chat.
Julio Goldberg is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
Julio Goldberg is now Online.

Alot...

when mine disconnects it keeps showing me this, for about 1 min in chat window

"Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained."

it gets very annoying