Mr. Green Gaming

Use of voice chat for broadcasting radio ruins ping

Tanatos has been using voice chat as a form of radio, advising people to turn down voice if they don't like it.... this doesn't resolve it's affect on my ping. I have asked him to stop but he won't (*edit* he did eventually stop and immediately I could connect again), yet I have seen some admins asking him not to use it this way.

This raises my ping enough on bad days in the server, that I am no longer able to connect - he is playing music through the voice chat.. especially when there is a lot of players on, like now - I suspect this is because it's using more bandwidth streaming his music to every player... I thought the reason you guys used mp3's for this is to avoid this overuse of it.

Secondly, it means that I end up turning down the voice part of mta to avoid hearing his bad music... which leaves me missing others' proper chat on there.

Can something please be done to police the reasonable use of voice chat for only chat, not to broadcast non stop?

Edited by DRuGNikT

Tanatos has been using voice chat as a form of radio, advising people to turn down voice if they don't like it.... this doesn't resolve it's affect on my ping. I have asked him to stop but he won't (*edit* he did eventually stop and immediately I could connect again), yet I have seen some admins asking him not to use it this way.

This raises my ping enough on bad days in the server, that I am no longer able to connect - he is playing music through the voice chat.. especially when there is a lot of players on, like now - I suspect this is because it's using more bandwidth streaming his music to every player... I thought the reason you guys used mp3's for this is to avoid this overuse of it.

Secondly, it means that I end up turning down the voice part of mta to avoid hearing his bad music... which leaves me missing others' proper chat on there.

Can something please be done to police the reasonable use of voice chat for only chat, not to broadcast non stop?

Nice to see you back in the forums NikT, you're a great person, and yes, I think this could be one of the problems why people have bad ping, when ppl starting putting sounds (especially from internet or radio) my ping gets from 190 to 230/250