Mr. Green Gaming

Rafael's Admin Application

r4ph43110w

Gameserver: Counter-Strike: Source - Surfing
Country of origin: Portugal
Link to Steam Community profile: r4ph43110w

Minecraft name: rafaeldamasceno
Little something about your self and why you think you're fit to be admin: Hey. My name is Rafael Damasceno and I love to surf. I also enjoy electronic and disco music a lot, having Calvin Harris, deadmau5 and Knife Party as favourite artists. Anyway, I think I have a nice chance of being an admin because I am always active on Mr. Green Surfing, I am really fluent in "Engrish verry well" (jusk kidding, I had a 1-week extensive English course at Peterborough, England), as I am with latin languages (Portuguese, Spanish and French). I have been a Moderator at several Habbo-related forums and servers, and I currently mantain biteSMS Portuguese translation smile.gif Because this server lacks an active admin (VMR being the most active when I spam the report and reply tool), I keep watching the IRC and I contact Darkstar and Clavus so that they take action when something's wrong at the server. Even though I am not--

Something happened to the post and it got cut through halfway sad.gif I'll try to resume it: I want to improve the experience we have at this server. As no one is watching, some people cross the line and keep breaking server rules. As I am really active on the server, I think I'm fit for the position. And I am well placed on the server ranking, thanks to my pro skills (irony intended). Wish me luck smile.gif

Edited by r4ph43110w

Rafael is a good person, I know him since alot of time and I have to say, he haves lots of patiente to became an administrator, always records when people cheat, always talk to Clavus when people are bugging/glitching/telecamping and plays CS:S Mr.Green Surf 24/7. I say, my amigo is ready to became the Administrator of CS:S Mr.Green server, or atleast give him a one week try so we can see how he will be.

Good luck, boa sorte mano :D

Edited by rui_troia

When I was playing surf over 6 months ago, I remember lots of people, but it seems I can hardly remember you :/.

All I can give you as for an advise is to be more active on forums and prefrably on IRC.

Wish you luck ;)

That is strange... rui_troia introduced me to Mr. Green Surfing about 1 year ago. I know most people know me (50NDR3, Deftoy, Sjerdo, headshot, some icon guys, spyke, off the top of my head). It seems we never actually talked, but oh well, it happens.

When I was playing surf over 6 months ago, I remember lots of people, but it seems I can hardly remember you :/.

All I can give you as for an advise is to be more active on forums and prefrably on IRC.

Wish you luck ;)

That is strange... rui_troia introduced me to Mr. Green Surfing about 1 year ago. I know most people know me (50NDR3, Deftoy, Sjerdo, headshot, some icon guys, spyke, off the top of my head). It seems we never actually talked, but oh well, it happens.

Well, maybe I was just blind or either inactive :V

Welcome to community anyhow, be more active. Also you better wanna join IRC as well.

Wish you luck ;)

Welcome to community anyhow, be more active. Also you better wanna join IRC as well.

He's been in the IRC quite alot since posting the app, Keep it up r4ph, you seem like a nice person, Good luck.

Thanks Balmung, I appreciate it :)

Wish you luck ;)

I finally recall one occasion that we actually spoke to each other. We were testing your map at the server and you actually taught me a few tricks. :)

Edited by r4ph43110w

Thanks Balmung, I appreciate it :)

Wish you luck ;)

I finally recall one occasion that we actually spoke to each other. We were testing your map at the server and you actually taught me a few tricks. :)

Z0mg darkness taught you the secret techniques!

Btw you are clearly not above average as you have an KD of 1.22

Btw you are clearly not above average as you have an KD of 1.22

An admin doesn't have to be a good player. An admin is a good admin when he is active and is known by players on the server.

But why does his skill matter that much to you anyway?

EDIT: Oh my map :V

Yeah I remember now. It was the only time I talked to you I guess :P

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Since when do you have to be a pro gamer in order to be a good admin?

Since when is it that you are a pro gamer if you are good on Counter Strike?

But why does his skill matter that much to you anyway?

It does not matter but:

Thank you all Reap3r, I have no actual "pro skills", I'm just clearly above average It was just a funny way to say that I don't suck at all.

Dude you clearly are not above average if you have an KD of 1.

Also an active admin known by all players is great, but if that is all you need then everyone can become an admin.

I really want an active admin on the CS:S server to punish the regulars who keep telecamping/other offenses. They can easily ban evade since they are friends with the admin and see if they are coming on the server. But I do not want an admin who bans players just because they did something impossible.

Just to clarify something: IMHO I think that I am, indeed, above the average. No, I'm not really talended nor pro, but I am at a fairly good position in the ranking and if you check my current kpd (not the global), you will see that it is set at 2,1. I play Mr. Green since I can recall and I didn't know how to properly surf at the beginning. And I can (and usually do) play well and bad at the same time. It's not like it really matters, but I thought I should make a reference to it. To sum up: I am not a pro player, but I don't suck either :)

Oh and Reap3r: the average kpd ratio at this server is around 0,68. Still, as explained right here, this ratio is pretty useless comparing performances.

Edited by r4ph43110w