Mr. Green Gaming

Issues on the mixed server...

Hey there. Want to tell, that i find ur new server (Mix server) pretty fun and a cool server. Just like the racing server...

Specially luv the NTS maps wich i find pretty fun.

But it have some issues. Everytime we play, there is some lame one, ruining it by blocking, or killing if they got tank...

Some names... Epica, Eblan, RGD, Kollegah and many more. I know that they are great players, so why they do it, is out of my head... :)

Now, im not requesting any bans or somting. But have an idea to help this issue. (if it is possible)

Im thinking, that as it is now, if ur afk for 3 minutes u will get kicked from server.

Can it be done so, that there wille be a limit to reach next cp? Like 30-45 sec. And after that u will get kicked from server. Now im only thinking it on mixed server NTS maps. That would get rid of those who ruins the game for others...

Fudge...

I agree with you on that there is always one guy who is blocking ore something. And that is really very annoying!

Can it be done so, that there wille be a limit to reach next cp? Like 30-45 sec. And after that u will get kicked from server.

I think that's a nice idea, it would be grate if something like that would be possible :) .

I also already had this idea in my head..i think it's the best solution for this issue.

Also i noticed some guy found a nasty little trick in CTF.

Now this guy sets his car on the enemy flag while he can't capture it.

Then this guy goes into spectator mode until he sees that he can capture the flag.

He goes back to the game and BAM there he is on the flag, nothing to do about it because he has GM when he spawns.

I also already had this idea in my head..i think it's the best solution for this issue.

Also i noticed some guy found a nasty little trick in CTF.

Now this guy sets his car on the enemy flag while he can't capture it.

Then this guy goes into spectator mode until he sees that he can capture the flag.

He goes back to the game and BAM there he is on the flag, nothing to do about it because he has GM when he spawns.

This can be countered by forcing people to spawn at the first spawn position after coming out of spectator.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree with this. Makes it impossible to play any maps with plane starts because there's always an a**hole that waits to get a jet or hunter and goes to kill whoever's winning. Setting a time limit would discourage this.

Unless it's supposed to be this way, could weapons also be turned off somehow? Tanks, rc planes, hunters, etc. still disrupt the race even when they are actually racing.

Edited by 56k
Unless it's supposed to be this way, could weapons also be turned off somehow? Tanks, rc planes, hunters, etc. still disrupt the race even when they are actually racing.

I wouldn't agree with that. I mean the whole thing of this server is about fun right? If you want some serious racing you can still go to the race server. Just see it like this if you get a vehicle with weapons you are the lucky one, if you don't well you aren't. But everyone has the same chance to get one.

However the main problem with the blockers still exists and also so one Haig described. I hope this will be solved sooner or later :).

I actually have a really easy sollution to this which would effectively end blocking and shooting and wouldn't affect gameplay for almost everyone. You would still see blocking and shooting now and then but not as often as you see it now... I'm not going to say how, I have my reasons, good reasons, but I'm working on it right now so let's how it goes.

I wouldn't agree with that. I mean the whole thing of this server is about fun right? If you want some serious racing you can still go to the race server. Just see it like this if you get a vehicle with weapons you are the lucky one, if you don't well you aren't. But everyone has the same chance to get one.

However the main problem with the blockers still exists and also so one Haig described. I hope this will be solved sooner or later :).

People block more effectively with the tank than a bus because of the gun. So if you're complaining about blockers, one way to deal with that is nerf the tank.

And when I talk about vehicles with weapons, I don't mean the ones that shoot at people as they race. That I'm fine with, it's part of the game. I'm talking about ones that get a weapon early on and cut across the map to the finish line to disrupt the finish. Tell me how that's fun for the rest of us.

The regurlar blockers are using an exploit in NTS mode in order to quickly get the vehicle they need in order to block. By pressing "B" you enter spectator mode, press "B" again and you exit spectator mode. How is this an exploit you might ask? Well the time limit to respawn is 0 seconds, so they are able to get their vehicles much faster than if they were to use the regurlar kill command. So my suggestion is to set a time limit on the spectator respawn, I mean, it's clearly a programming oversight...

• 2 weeks later...