Mr. Green Gaming

New Mix Mode: Destruction Derby

Hiya

We just added a new mode to the MTA Mix server: Destruction Derby aka DD.

For those of you who are not familiar with it, it's a classic mode from the old mta:race days where you fight by ramming each other of small roads above water until there's one survivor left. Killing can be done in any way that's possible.

One rule for now:

• No camping/stalling, BE A REAL (wo)MAN AND FIGHT

If you want you can submit your own DD maps, our map format is the same as other servers (the standard Race format):

• No respawn mode (NOT timelimit)
  • Minimum 32 unique spawnpoints
  • No ghostmode or checkpoints (obviously)
  • Gamemode = race, nothing special

This can all be done in the map editor, so you don't need to edit the .map file or meta.xml.

I also added rewards for the last survivors: 15GC for the last survivor/winner, 10GC for the 2nd survivor and 5GC for the third.

Anti abuse scripts will be added later on (afk'ers, campers, stalling) as I still need to create those.

About the other modes, rtf and manhunt will probably removed when I have replacements since they are pretty bad (rtf is basically race without checkpoints and one winner, and manhunt is unfair and buggy). Or if anyone has some good ideas to rework them just give me a shout.

bad idea imo

its always a campfest and theres not always an admin on to stop the camping

if you really want to add dd i'd say make a seperate server for it as it breaks the flow of the game, no other gamemode has you waiting 9+ minutes if you die...

new maps dd by perso coming soon, but only i think we need anti-camping system hurry up :)

We'll work on it to improve and add these things, don't worry.

sergio i was spoke whit sdk about the use of the scrip "omg" in dd maps , this screp make some objects move in specific places (in this  time over the road) al most i think this can evite campers :D

Great work admins! One suggestion for DD. Enable hand guns. It would be a new unique feature which I haven't seen on any other DD server. And at the same time it would make it harder for campers to stay alive.

Edited by Accident

bad idea imo

its always a campfest and theres not always an admin on to stop the camping

if you really want to add dd i'd say make a seperate server for it as it breaks the flow of the game, no other gamemode has you waiting 9+ minutes if you die...

Understand that we added it recently, so we're gonna add some anti-campers and stuff, we know that there are campers, that's because we're working on it. Just be patience.

rtf is basically race without checkpoints and one winner

It's basically DM without the Hunter at the end. Maybe switch it to DM?

Lol, you shouldn't compare RTF with DM, this is a decent DM map, for example:

&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1">
&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="660" height="405">

Edited by Sergio_Riv

Imo manhunt shouldn't be removed, I'd just remove a few boring maps and add some anti-camping scripts like, the less you move more health you loose?

rtf is just a complete mess I don't even see the point of playing that gamemode

Edited by warp.

Like someone said before: it slows the game pace down. You die and then you have to wait 5 min until the end. So I scratch my balls all that time :(

There are more than enough DD servers out there, why put one on this server? It doesn't fit to the other fast gaming modes.

This server should be about NTS, the really inovative new mode, and not just another copy-paste server like all the others.

Lol, you shouldn't compare RTF with DM

It's the same, except the RTF maps weren't good on our server. The gamemode is similiar. Don't bring the quality of mapmakers into this :P

Well that mapmaker is not the special one, most of DM mapmakers make maps like that, search for it and you'll see lol, RTF is just ridiculous compared with DM :/

It's true that it's a similar gamemode, but meh, it's different at the same time.

Edited by Sergio_Riv

Also the new vote system is complete crap

If people dont want rtf or ctf on the vote why would you force them to play them by having the server switch maps after 3 plays.

This is a case of if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Edited by JrMan