Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft 1.8 Release Date Announced - Factions Map Reset + More Changes!

Kodauer

If it will take  longer this whole bukkit problem. could we just make a Special map for 1 week or maybe 2 and keep the server up with events like hungergames?

with special map I mean : gullarasta map with 1 enchantment table or something like that. that was kind of fun. well I hope i gave you guys some idea

idk guys if u keep waiting for it, if im not wrong Bukkit is gone now, i was investingating and i found that Bukkit were realised 1 year after Minecraft, it was a mod with open code so everyone can modificate it.

2 years ago Minecraft bought Bukkit, bukkit kept having GLP licenses but minecraft didnt had defined what kind of license had in the code, the EULA, ok?

All worked perfectly until some weeks or months ago, minecraft launched some new EULA licenses but werent so defineds, very abstracts, that EULA were going to be valid until 1/august/14 but if u look at the Minecraft EULA it keeps being the same as always, so.

That EULA says that you cant distribute any Mojang code, ok.

Bukkit owner is Mojang... ok?

Bukkit has some projects, some of them are CraftBukkit and BukkitAPI and that projects distibute Minecraft code, so them are breaking the EULA.

This scared the principal Bukkit developers and they said "Bye, have a great time" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ly9G20S6Y] and leave their own post in bukkit web and some weeks ago, one of them said that Bukkit wont be updated anymore and Jeb said that is a lie because Mojang bought Bukkit, the thing that noone knew is that this people planned some stuff one of them, a guy (wolverness or something like that) reported bukkit, mcpc and spigot for use the Minecraft code, the gpl, they are using the code and they cant use it.

This is a trick to "topple" Mojang and basically annoy them with the Bukkit theme, so right now u cant put a server with bukkit and probably its gone and all the worked plugins are gone now :/ because copyright and that stuff, so now we need another project like bukkit but bukkit were realised in 3 years so... understand the size of this problem? we wont see the 1.8 bukkit servers for now.

For now we need patience and just wait for the news...

We're aware of this, and currently waiting to see what happens next. Most, if not all, of the bukkit staff resigned yesterday, so a * real * bukkit 1.8 won't be released anytime soon. Dinnerbone from Mojang said he's going to update it, but I'm not sure if that will hold due to the current DCMA mess. There's no real replacement for bukkit, so we may see some major changes in upcoming months.

I will open a vanilla 1.8 server (plain), for anyone's that interested, later this week. :) This is * NOT * the planned map reset, and will be accessible via a separate IP. 

Mmmm, so no plugin that looks like bukkit excists... I should do what Kod said about another 1.7.2 map. Its almost the same, only a few blocks are not possible to make/find.

Bukkit isn't a plugin, it's the core server software that all our plugins (factions, markers, etc) hooks into. Also: Creative can't be fixed. I'm going to have to reset the map. 

If it will take  longer this whole bukkit problem. could we just make a Special map for 1 week or maybe 2 and keep the server up with events like hungergames?

with special map I mean : gullarasta map with 1 enchantment table or something like that. that was kind of fun. well I hope i gave you guys some idea

Did nobody see this suggestion^^^

The other admins and I are currently in discussion of another 1.7 map reset, since bukkit 1.8 isn't coming out anytime in the near future. We * might * be doing a vanilla themed map, with all restrictions on enchantments and potions lifted. Potions will return to 1.5 mechanics, which will balance everything out. Obsidian will return as invincible to TnT, but liquids will offer no protection. Ore spawn rates will be increased, and it'll be easier to obtain enchants (prot IV/sharp V) + EXP. The /pvp along with FFA will be moved to the factions server. 

Other than that I'm leaving stuff to defaults. We'll see how this works out. :)

The other admins and I are currently in discussion of another 1.7 map reset, since bukkit 1.8 isn't coming out anytime in the near future. We * might * be doing a vanilla themed map, with all restrictions on enchantments and potions lifted. Potions will return to 1.5 mechanics, which will balance everything out. Obsidian will return as invincible to TnT, but liquids will offer no protection. Ore spawn rates will be increased, and it'll be easier to obtain enchants (prot IV/sharp V) + EXP. The /pvp along with FFA will be moved to the factions server. 

Other than that I'm leaving stuff to defaults. We'll see how this works out. :)

Sounds awesome I'm looking forward to this!

What do i think about the situation about mrgreen

MrGreen is rules by noobs now, All old (from old mrgreen versions) players left It's 1 big ruined map, I would love to see an map reset next saturday, Waiting more time, will be killing for this server

Map reset will be next week (September 20th). Server will open at 9:00 (am) Dutch time, that day. I'll post a topic about it in a bit.

I doubt you wont, but please inform ous (in that topic) how the server setup for next map will be (1.8)

Will obby and liquids both get rekt by TNT and creepers? And what potion and enchant limits will be used?

Map reset will be next week (September 20th). Server will open at 9:00 (am) Dutch time, that day. I'll post a topic about it in a bit.

I doubt you wont, but please inform ous (in that topic) how the server setup for next map will be (1.8)

Will obby and liquids both get rekt by TNT and creepers? And what potion and enchant limits will be used?

No limits, TNT + creepers will blow thru all.