Mr. Green Gaming

Betting?

(I think I might've posted something like this here before, but can't find it, so maybe I didn't?)

For people who are dead in SH or DD and are waiting on others to finish, people can /bet name amount on who they think will win. People who get it right will get a share of the GC based on how much people put into the pot. And maybe add a /bet4th for fun?

Edited by besweeet

It works exactly as besweet describes it, but as i said, i have to wait for gc trading.

Does that include /bet4th? :P

If you place a bet on a 4th ranked player (if you mean that), that would be an easier way to win GC. For example, you have 50000 GC, and you bet it all to the 4th to 'x' player (x player is your friend) and you tell him to suicide when 5th already died. You can be doing always this method, also your friend, just telling him, 'I bet on you, you suicide, and the next round you bet on me and I'll suicide' 
Bettings will be only for 1st ranked player.

If you place a bet on a 4th ranked player (if you mean that), that would be an easier way to win GC. For example, you have 50000 GC, and you bet it all to the 4th to 'x' player (x player is your friend) and you tell him to suicide when 5th already died. You can be doing always this method, also your friend, just telling him, 'I bet on you, you suicide, and the next round you bet on me and I'll suicide' 

Bettings will be only for 1st ranked player.

That same logic can be applied to the regular /bet for 1st...

also use odds.. do it by gathering a table of player toptimes.. so a player like Hijack who probably has 200 toptimes will have a betting odd of 1.03 or so. know what I mean?

Yes, would be quite cool, although i don't know exactly what's going to happen to toptimes since sdk was changing it (there's a trello pin about it).

also use odds.. do it by gathering a table of player toptimes.. so a player like Hijack who probably has 200 toptimes will have a betting odd of 1.03 or so. know what I mean?

Yes, would be quite cool, although i don't know exactly what's going to happen to toptimes since sdk was changing it (there's a trello pin about it).

then you can use race_playerstats.. the ratio of race wins/starts

then you can use race_playerstats.. the ratio of race wins/starts

Indeed, i'll take a look into it.

Will the server take the bet? Or will it be a pool bet within betting players? I don't think the server taking bets would be a good idea, specially since the upcoming gc to real money thing. How's it gonna be?

A pool within betting players makes the most sense IMO.

Like this, so no gc is generated.