Mr. Green Gaming

Left4Green MTA Race server.

Niels

Hi to whoever the administrator is of the L4G MTA Race server.

I really enjoy playing on the server, but a small thing is bugging me.

Far too many maps on your server has no respawn function, so if a player is idling, up to 29 people has to wait for the timer to run out.

I would suggest enabling the votekick function, as i reckon that sorting/repairing the defect maps would take ages.

[offtopic] By any chance could you be my ginger Dutch friend who also goes by name shadowniels? :V [/offtopic]

I've only played MTA for a few hours, and this was the main problem I had with gameplay on it. This would be a good addition I believe.

No, I'm a danish male aged 25.

I chose "Niels" because that's the name I use when racing on abovementioned server.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting sick of a gamebreaker error like the one discussed here.

Why do we have that many bugged servers? Iw, MTA, Zs... TopCrews, its morning already! Go and fix the annoying bugs Pl0x!

Utterly pointless post, stop spamming the threads.

I don't want to get too involved in this all, as I barely play MTA due to my computer not liking it. Perhaps a system meaning idlers get kicked after a certain amount of time?

Votekick is really annoying. If you accidentaly block someone, and he starts a votekick, most people will click yes. Me and Scream tried that on eachother and it never ended up in a no.

It should be pretty easy for a server administrator to tune the percentage of votes needed to a number suited for this type of gameplay.

I'd say that what you experienced is the result of bad voting treshold and asshole co-players.

The Co-players being unfair when voting, is only a problem 1 in 200 times when playing online in any game with a fair voting system.

I'd like to imagine that it's mostly people on temaspeak or on a Local area network that team against online players in the way you described.

About the AFK autokick,

It's a great idea, but i don't know if the function is included in the standard MTA package.

I have no idea how easy it would be to code and implement such a function, but i bet it would take far more time than fine-tuning a votekick system.

The votekick system is probably just a couple of variables that needs to be tuned in some of MTA's core configurations.

Edited by Niels
There are several complaints about the MTA server, including admins not being in the server.

I do not know you, but we/they need the admins. I guess.

I don't know what you're implying, but I'm not sure if regular gameplay admins can make the adjustments discussed in this topic.

I'd place my bet that only the administrator of the physical server can make the changes i requested.

I could very well be wrong.

Perhaps a system meaning idlers get kicked after a certain amount of time?

e.g. The TF2 servers' AFK Manager?

I just noticed the "Server Administrator" below your handle.

Do You have any thoughts on this matter?

Oh.

I'm not the server admin for MTA server, just for the GMod ones, you want to be asking SkyNet and Versnellingspook, theyre the MTA admins

• 1 month later...

You should to something against the massive cheating.

LOL! Today is the worst I have ever seen it. The chat kept saying Banned this person and that person, yet it wasn't banning anyone. Cheaters were running rampant. Every time I spawned on some maps I kept blowing up over and over, I assume that it was a cheater doing that. I was so frustrated I thought about leaving and not coming back, hell there was an admin there and he was just worried about winning the races rather than dealing with the cheats it seemed. It was the worst experience I have had on the server. Hopefully you guys can get a grip on it, or I think you will be losing some dedicated players. I wish you luck.

Also to Ywa, you can't always rely on anti cheats and the like to keep the server orderly. You need people in place to handle things.

You should to something against the massive cheating.

LOL! Today is the worst I have ever seen it. The chat kept saying Banned this person and that person, yet it wasn't banning anyone. Cheaters were running rampant. Every time I spawned on some maps I kept blowing up over and over, I assume that it was a cheater doing that. I was so frustrated I thought about leaving and not coming back, hell there was an admin there and he was just worried about winning the races rather than dealing with the cheats it seemed. It was the worst experience I have had on the server. Hopefully you guys can get a grip on it, or I think you will be losing some dedicated players. I wish you luck.

Also to Ywa, you can't always rely on anti cheats and the like to keep the server orderly. You need people in place to handle things.

They are aware of these things, and I'll be very surprised if they're not sorting them.