Mr. Green Gaming

MIX Gamemode cycle

MIX Gamemode cycle  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the gamemode cycle NTS -> SH -> DD -> RTF?

• Yes
    • I want true random
    • Change the cycle to (see comment)
    • Don't let current map's gamemode appear on the voting screen

This poll is closed to new votes

Over the past year, all votes on the mix server have been truly random, resulting in any game mode potentially appearing on the voting screen. However, this led to a disproportionate number of "Never the Same" (NTS) maps being played, especially when there was a high number of NTS enthusiasts online, with NTS maps making up around 90% of the selections. As a result, other game modes received significantly less playtime.

To address this issue, I have decided to reintroduce the gamemode cycle. This means that the voting screen will now cycle through the various gamemodes in the following order:

NTS -> Shooter (SH) -> Destruction Derby (DD) -> Reach the Flag (RTF).

This adjustment aims to ensure that every player has the opportunity to enjoy their preferred gamemodes while maintaining a more balanced distribution of gameplay across all modes.

It's worth noting that Capture the Flag (CTF) and Deadline (DL) modes are disabled from this cycle. Therefore, I'm seeking input on the matter: Would you like to see this cycle implemented, continue with true random voting, or suggest an alternative cycle? Your feedback is appreciated.

Edited by Nick_026

Is it possible to implement something like " If X last maps = NTS, vote = (Only SH, DD)" or something similar? This would prevent abusing only one game mode, while still letting majority to decide for the most part.

Or if possible, enable cycle once X amount of players join, since when it's 2-4 players active on the server, SH or DD can be quite boring.

Edited by Auriz-
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cena said:

NTS > SH > DD > RTF > NTS > SH > DD.

Great idea, these kinds of cycles are also possible and highly appreciated. If you have similar idea's to this let me know

2 minutes ago, Auriz- said:

Is it possible to implement something like " If X last maps = NTS, vote = (Only SH, DD)" or something similar? This would prevent abusing only one game mode, while still letting majority to decide for the most part.

With the current code base this is not possible, but it should be relatively easy to implement. I've added this option to the poll

Edited by Nick_026

NTS - DD - NTS - SH - NTS - REMOVE RTF NO ONE PLAY IT ANYMORE 

or make it randomly so majore players votes for the appreciate game mode for them 

why u have to force to play a mode that they don’t want it and they don’t have time to waste waiting to play their favorite mode … 

don’t use dictature in game 

make it ez for everyone and put randome votes .. 

as we see from previous cote system .. 90% of players vote for NTS .. sooo they clearly likes NTS MODE MORE THAN SHIITER MODE OR R(W)TF MODE 

Edited by mounir866