⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

zs_compressed progress

Well... first pics r always the erhm yeah anyway i was playing zs_pub today and im like.. fun map! yaaaay lasthuman oops lol dead so i was like Small maps r cool so then i decided to make a small map called zs_compressed and like zs_ambush i will show my progress and you guys will hopefully give me feedback and what to do and stuff. Small maps can usually be very detailed since its small and easy to add loads of detail without forgetting another area of the map.

So i am aiming for this map to soon be on zs server and should be fun for its 'smallnes' which should be cool like zs_chaste? long writing... need to get to the point.

Firstly i need TEXTURE FEEDBACK

First set of pictures: Choppy Nooby Lightless Blocky X(

Progress will first start next morning since its 10PM here and i want to get on with other stuff like *Falls asleep*

post-1289-127283224828_thumb.jpg

post-1289-12728322555_thumb.jpg

post-1289-127283226112_thumb.jpg

post-1289-127283226729_thumb.jpg

post-1289-127283229277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pufulet

It reminds me of a level from fps creator. There should be an outside area or something that you can see eaily. Now it looks a bit dull ( i know its a wip). Add more variation to sizes in the map, now its just a dm map. Make it more of a zs map. :)

The textures in the first one look repetative, but I think it wont look so bad with lighting and decals. So I'm not sure on them.

2nd and 4th pictures though, the wall texture doesn't fit at all.

ok i will do somthing about that

It reminds me of a level from fps creator. There should be an outside area or something that you can see eaily. Now it looks a bit dull ( i know its a wip). Add more variation to sizes in the map, now its just a dm map. Make it more of a zs map. :)

deathmatch map? yeah your right the first test i tried it reminded me of it cause you can sprint around the map knowing there wont be a dead end in a way.

add more variation to sizes.. what do you mean by that? example?

so far it took me 20-30 minutes i belive to whip this up

Edited by Pufulet

Think of maps with buildings that have different heights. Your ceiling is just flat and has the same height in every room. Maybe you could make your map look like the inside of a swimming pool or a gym with different rooms. Its all about atmosphere and the map doesnt have one yet.

Uhhhhh u guys don't mind if I pause this map progress for a bit. I realised I am doing somthing stupid by not finishing ambush off,.... Multiple map making is a bad idea. So I will just finish it off which I just need five or ten more minutes to test and compile it then I will post the attachment on the topic get some testers and feedback .... mkaay?

Uhhhhh u guys don't mind if I pause this map progress for a bit. I realised I am doing somthing stupid by not finishing ambush off,.... Multiple map making is a bad idea. So I will just finish it off which I just need five or ten more minutes to test and compile it then I will post the attachment on the topic get some testers and feedback .... mkaay?

mmmmkay :)

First of all choose better textures. Add single lights, add props (use barrels, chairs, tables), add prop_statics (like monitors), decals (more blood and bullet spots).

Make that and lets see what you will get :)

ya man after i finish my ambush stuff