Mr. Green Gaming

Coming Soon - Arena_Paradise

After my several successes of My first Map Arena_IronGrid, and my Watchtower Retexture, As well as other several half-done maps, I'm going to be putting in all my efforts into this new map

What is the map?

The map will be Arena_Paradise, based on a tropical island setting in a remote part of the world.

The idea concept itself came from a good friend of mine webmessia, and this map production wouldn't be possible without him,

What are we likely to see on the map?

The map is going to consist of 3 main islands, On the middle island will be a control point with spawns on the other two main islands.

The map will be using mainly the Egypt Textures and models.

I'm also deciding whether to add an under ground section between the two span islands and the CP island to increase the actual walkable space.

In addition to this will be water, lots and lots of lovely water. But don't swim too far out into that deep blue yonder, Or that nasty Hurt Trigger will come for you.

When is the map likely to be finished?

Considering I've got no school until september, I should be able to focus alot fo time on the map, You can expect is by at most the end of June, I know thats a long time for a map, But I've still got several exams I need to study for.

I'll update with screenshots as the map starts to take place.

If anyones got any ideas I'd love to incorporate them in some way. :D

It crashed when I tried to load it in game >_< I'll take another time.

And It doesn't matter if I have screenshots or not right now.

We need POC

And we need a good first impression. Coming back to my hint:

post shitty pictures = lost first impression -> nobody cares any more

Hey Yo, Topic for my map, Take arguments elsewhere.

No, I'm saying he should have pictures before he makes a topic about it.

When people first start making a film, they don't bring out trailers because they haven't filmed any of yet. Same applies here. So EmRA Stop being a faggot to me about in TF2, on steam and here. :/

No, I'm saying he should have pictures before he makes a topic about it.

When people first start making a film, they don't bring out trailers because they haven't filmed any of yet. Same applies here. So EmRA Stop being a faggot to me about in TF2, on steam and here. :/

I agree with Emra

Movies =/= Mapping

You can get the idea with a movie. But we don't know anything about how you map. We know something of a movie. And movies have trailers? And even then, they just announce them. Not posting any info on it.

There is actually a tropical tf2 map there> http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=53250

Have a look at it and make original things to not fall in the déja vu.

I've played that map. It's simple, but fun for a while.

Well good thing An Arena map is only 20 minutes in a cycle. :/

Now either say something constructive or :getout:

Edit: Stupid N key looked like an H

Edited by Balmung

I think it's a good idea Balmung.

Boter and EmRA, if you're going to complain that much just leave the topic and don't look back, you're only wasting your time fighting a battle not worth taking part in, because at the end of the day, you're both entitled to opinions and fighting over opinions is stupid.

Back to the map, I very rarely play the TF2 servers, but I might come on a few times to play some maps, this one sounds quite good :D

Edited by BeatAlex

We dont need pictures to see, right now. it's still in construction. and besides... the discription tells us alot of the map how it is going to be. and it gives enough impression to look at this topic several times <_<

anyway, Good Luck.

EDIT: put: STAY TUNED. on the end of the discription people will visit this more times :lol: