Mr. Green Gaming

making a gmod movie tips ?

am thinking of making gmod movies in my kind scary horror themed movies what will be the best tools to use stools, recorder,ect

Console commands: physgun_drawbeams 0 (1 to enable,0 to disable, hides the laser from the physic gun)

cl_drawhud 0(1 to enable, hides the hud)

Camera: catmull rom camera tool (browse on gmod.org) to make sliding effects and cool camera angles

Fraps (download from piratebay for free versions), Audacity for the sound, Vegas movie studio 10 (well, I had 8, couldn't really try the 10 for now).

Loads of patience.

Lots of free GBs on your hard drive (fraps eats much).

That's basically all I use for my big videos, then I find custom models and tools for the needs.

Also you'll have to make a lot of videos before being good (look at my epic shows, it still looks like a beginner project, but...improved?)

I made a lot of videos before getting the current result, so you'll have to really take your time to make it as best as possible, and one thing you should know is that you MUSN'T try to make a lot of videos at once, and do not try to make a series as fast as possible, or your eyes will get quickly r*ped, and your videos won't be good (look at Boschitt, his series became worst along the episodes, he looks like he is chaining videos, even if it takes a long time between his vids).

About the actors, it's not needed, plus you'll have to configure your routeur settings and stuff which is a pain in the arse, do your videos alone, you'll be more proud of your work then (I do mine without any help, excepting ideas, not more).

Actors require that you give orders that they will not always understand, and you'll have to record again and again the scene which is tiring and harassing because this won't be perfect, and it can be very boring (idiots of gmod, some scenes are not inspired).

The best is to start alone, then you'll see.

I've chosen the lonely way , and I'm not unhappy :V

Edited by Chikennugget1

will windows movie maker work as good ?

It does suck.No wait, IT DOES SUCK A LOT OF MONKEYBALLS,DO NOT USE IT ONCE,EVEN A SECOND!!!

Why? Because the number of tracks are ridiculously limitated, means you have to manage your video space (between sounds, musics, video tracks etc), you can't use chroma key technic (green screen effects), visual effects are absent (such like the little sun light I like to use in my vids :P ), shortly, it's not a good software.It's for family usings, diaporamas and stuff, not for pro videos.

Buy Sony vegas 10, it costs 60-65 euros (I don't remember exactly), and it handles HD videos, which movie maker can't handle.

Or you can try free softwares but they are very basic.

Edited by Chikennugget1

It does suck.No wait, IT DOES SUCK A LOT OF MONKEYBALLS,DO NOT USE IT ONCE,EVEN A SECOND!!!

Why? Because the number of tracks are ridiculously limitated, means you have to manage your video space (between sounds, musics, video tracks etc), you can't use chroma key technic (green screen effects), visual effects are absent (such like the little sun light I like to use in my vids :P ), shortly, it's not a good software.It's for family usings, diaporamas and stuff, not for pro videos.

Buy Sony vegas 10, it costs 60-65 euros (I don't remember exactly), and it handles HD videos, which movie maker can't handle.

The main advantage is in the word 'free' though. Sony Vegas costs loads.

The main advantage is in the word 'free' though. Sony Vegas costs loads.

Yeah but what costs loads gives loads.And generally you see people looking for a movie making tool because wmm is not good ;)