Mr. Green Gaming

Remove Headcrabs on Zombies?

Headcrab went to headcrab heaven.

We originally planned to make a headcrab npc which would spawn if you killed a zombie (without a headshot). We might do something with it in the future.

DO SO, that would be amazing and headcrabs are underpowered anyway.

We originally planned to make a headcrab npc which would spawn if you killed a zombie (without a headshot). We might do something with it in the future.

The main problem is that most ZS maps don't got NPC nodes (waypoints). There're no other ways for us to add them.

The main problem is that most ZS maps don't got NPC nodes (waypoints). There're no other ways for us to add them.

:o

I need to add nodes in de_operation submarine.

Then the headcrab class should be modified, otherwise every dying zombie will become a headcrab, so the class will be useless as the spawning crabs, coming from dead zombies, will have the same stats as a normal crab.I think.

Also, this implies that fast headcrab must be brought back (as fasties have a fast crab on their head).

And yeah, I +1 the headcrab's removal from zombies, they lost their "charm" (well, if you can call their ugly face a charm).

Edited by Chikennugget1

I doubt many people will want to play as a headcrab every time they die, will get annoying.

try making so if u dont headshot the npc headcrab does come off but disappears automaticly after 10sec or so to help avoid loads of headcrabs on maps and it will remove lost headcrabs on maps with no nods to help them around the map.

besides they look much cooler without the headcrab >:D

NO! JUST NO!

But seriously they looks neat with headcrabs on their heads/bodies.

This ^. While testing this there could be a big npc spam and lot of headcrabs running across the map :/.

Anyway I support the idea where the player should control the headcrab from his head if he dies.

BUT DONT TOUCH THE HEADCRABS! THEY ARE SO CUTE!

:meh:

I agree with Pufulet too, if zombies can drop headcrabs when they die in any way, they can spam crabs (just consider the suiciders for example, they can do it as much as they want, then it has to be forbidden, to suicide).

Maybe just set the headcrab releasing like the zombie torso in the old zs, when zombies were "killed" they became sometimes torsos.

Maybe theres another solution, when you are waiting for a respawn you can control a headcrab for 10 seconds, or maybe not a headcrab, a crow or something, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Well, I don't know.. x)

I agree with Pufulet too, if zombies can drop headcrabs when they die in any way, they can spam crabs (just consider the suiciders for example, they can do it as much as they want, then it has to be forbidden, to suicide).

Maybe just set the headcrab releasing like the zombie torso in the old zs, when zombies were "killed" they became sometimes torsos.

Maybe theres another solution, when you are waiting for a respawn you can control a headcrab for 10 seconds, or maybe not a headcrab, a crow or something, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Well, I don't know.. x)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by Hundred2

Well, I don't know.. x)

Yeah you could make it so if the zombie dies theres a 20 or 30% chance that while he is waiting for the respawn time he can spawn sa the headcrab where he died and after the respawn time is over the headcrab dies. But you can only play as a headcrab when the timer is above 5+ Secounds.

besides theres a problem ai wont know what to do if theres a cade in the way the ai crabs will simply pile up and make lagg for those with bad pc etc (not me xD)

I like pufelets ideas but i found it anoying on ther servers where a zombie turns into a torso zombie and idk if i died or respawned and then i wat and see and get killed its anoying and this could easiy happen to the headcrab idea

so i think it would be best to keep it the way it is