Mr. Green Gaming

Introduce your job/studies

MiF

I get not more than around 4 euros for the newspapers every week, but if you think that's bad, sometimes I also have to deliver folders (read: spam) and additions to the newspaper. Which takes almost as long as walking the newspapers themselves (so that makes it 2 times as long as normal), which give me around 50 cent for them. If you are not familiar with euros, just know that I have a reason to skip half the people every week. >=D

Would it make you rage if I told you I get paid 3 times as much for one hour of lounging behind the computer?

Well, right now I don't really need the money yet and I just do something so I won't have everyone around me complaining that I don't have a job. And this is the 'shortest' (only one day of working, and not every evening). I applied for working in a supermarket once, but I screwed around on the Job Interview (on purpose, I didn't want to work there at all).

The only time I can earn cash is at Christmas when I go around dumping Happy New Year cards. Last time there was one woman who didn't wanna give me any money because she "promised her daughter to give the money to her that year, because she walked the newspapers before me (which is untrue by the way)". She lives in one of the most classiest houses you can think off, in the most expensive street of the hood. So I accidentally forgot to give her a newspaper a couple of times. That's the way of the world.

- What is it like (What you do there, if it isnt obvius)

Sales, marketing and economy.. becoming Account manager when done

- Do you like it?

Yes

- How long days you got?

8 to 13 most of the times. I only have 3 subjects now, cause I'm done with the others

- Payment?

Everything from 4.100€ to 13.500€ and above, so pays well.

etc. etc. And of course some pictures if possible.

I get not more than around 4 euros for the newspapers every week, but if you think that's bad, sometimes I also have to deliver folders (read: spam) and additions to the newspaper. Which takes almost as long as walking the newspapers themselves (so that makes it 2 times as long as normal), which give me around 50 cent for them. If you are not familiar with euros, just know that I have a reason to skip half the people every week. >=D

Would it make you rage if I told you I get paid 3 times as much for one hour of lounging behind the computer?

Would it make you rage to tell you I get paid 4-5 times more per hour to ask for money behind a counter?

That much in month? DUDE!! Thats lots of money when my parents make about 2000€ month (4500€ together)

You know the rules frank

Everything from 4.100€ to 13.500€ and above, so pays well.

That much in month? DUDE!! Thats lots of money when my parents make about 2000€ month (4500€ together)

You do realise that he lives in Denmark, so about half is gone in tax instantly :V

Actually when you get that much, 50% goes to tax and over a certain limit the rest of the money 62% goes to tax...

Studies:

- Currently: Higher General Secondary Education (main subject is economy and management) in high school.

* Asked for Preparatory Scientific Education instead of the above but they denied and stated I was too young.

- Followed by: International Business Management Studies Bachelor in college.

- Followed by: Master study.

Job:

- Currently: Working at a big supermarket making €3,54 each hour. (16 years old)

- Followed by: A management function at a big company.

That's it.

Edited by Jeremiah

Studies:

- Currently: High school, studying "Culture & Society". It's pretty shitty, because it has to do with art and shit. I picked it because I don't have to do maths, and I totally suck at maths. I simply can't afford to fail school. I do have the subject "Management and Organisation" which I want(ed) to continue with, and go for the same study Jeremiah is going for, "International Business and Management" in college. Unfortunately this also involes maths, and that makes it difficult/uncertain.

- Following studies: No idea. If Managament and Organisation goes well, I'll follow the International Business and Management study. If not, I really have no idea.

Job:

- Currently: Working at McDonalds for the minimum wage of €3,91 an hour (minimum wage for an 18-year old in Holland). Although the payment sucks, it's a fun job with lots of nice people.

- Followed by: Hell I dunno, anything can happen.

EDIT:

To follow the topic rules:

Study

Pretty boring, most subjects are uninteresting.

- Do you like it?

Not very much, but it's okay

- How long days you got?

From like, 8:00 'till 15:00

- Payment?

None

Job

Make burgers, make fries, pack food, stock freezer, clean restaurant etc. etc. Everything basically.

- Do you like it?

Yep, although the work you do can really kill your brain because it's so repetitive.

- How long days you got?

Depends, my work adapts to my school. Average work day is from 17:00 'till 23:00 (during holiday). But I can also start at 8:00 or work 'till 1:00

- Payment?

Minimum wage, €3,91 per hour. When I work quite a lot, that results in 500 bucks in one month.

Study

Pretty cool, doing some designing and building some websites. (:

- Do you like it?

I like it, nice classmates and teachers too.

- How long days you got?

Depends if I feel like staying at home I can, I'll just do my work at home then.. But it's always nice to go to school and discuss/have some fun with classmates/teachers.

- Payment?

€70/month

Job

Job#1: In a factory, extremely boring, I would've quit yesterday already if it didn't pay that good.

Job#2: Security, it's fun to do, but not something I'd like to do the rest of my life. That's why I'm in school again.(multimedia design)

- Do you like it?

Job#1: No.

Job#2: Yes, nice collegues and always some kind of excitement.

- How long days you got?

Job#1: 6AM-2PM or 2PM-10PM or 10PM-6AM

Job#2: Whenever security is needed.

- Payment?

Job#1: About 3 or 4 times as much as Mayco, depending on morning/midday/night shift. When I work quite a lot, that results in 500 bucks in one week.

Job#2: 10€/ hour, some extra's if I work overtime and nighthours. Also get the KM paid I have to drive.

- What is it like

Taking my GCSE's this year.

I'm doing English, Science, Maths, PE (Mandatory), History, ICT, Sociology +French.

- Do you like it?

To be honest, i quite enjoy it all. Although when it comes to tests i get nervous etc, it's still good fun.

- How long days you got?

5 Days a week, Standard monday-friday jobbie.

- Payment?

Nout- It's school after all.