Mr. Green Gaming

Harvester Slide (first map)

Hey,

I just made my first map. It's something entirely different and I hope it's going to work for everyone. I tried to make it as fail safe as possible by putting turns infront of the slide to slow the harvester down. I have tested it several times and so far I never fell off the slide, so I guess it should work just fine.

You should be able to finish the map in about 1:35, so it's a really short map. I could've made it longer but I didn't know how it would turn out so I just want to test it with this map. As I said, something entirely new, will have to see how it goes. :)

Have Fun!

Oh and please hit me up when you are about to test it since I wanna see how it turns out. MSN: [email protected]Harvester Slide.rar

Thx :D

Btw. Why is it that sometimes when I place new checkpoints the checks aren't there when I test the race? For example I got 10 checks, then I add check11 (finish) and when I test the race it finishes at check10...

Really annoying, just had to re-do all the checks for V2 of the map. (currently working on it)

Another issue: When I want to place NOS and Repair pickups it gives me theese "meal pickups" (dunno what the heck that is) and I can't edit them to NOS or Repair (double clicking or F3 doesn't work on it)

EDIT:

And yet another issue now...

When I try to test my map now nothing happens...the screen basically freezes and nothing else happens. :(

The console is giving me this.

unbenannt2xdt.jpg

Help anybody? :(

Edited by KillaMarci

Thx :D

Btw. Why is it that sometimes when I place new checkpoints the checks aren't there when I test the race? For example I got 10 checks, then I add check11 (finish) and when I test the race it finishes at check10...

Really annoying, just had to re-do all the checks for V2 of the map. (currently working on it)

Another issue: When I want to place NOS and Repair pickups it gives me theese "meal pickups" (dunno what the heck that is) and I can't edit them to NOS or Repair (double clicking or F3 doesn't work on it)

I have the first bug as well. When it happens that it stops at cp 10 when you have 11 cp's for example, you have to select CP #10 and press F3. Then, click 'browse' at 'nextid' or something, and choose cp 11.

I have the meal pickups as well. But it's only in edit mode, not while testing the race right? During test they should look like normal pickups.

I don't know about the freezing thing. ;-(

I have the meal pickups as well. But it's only in edit mode, not while testing the race right? During test they should look like normal pickups.

Yea they are NOS pickups ingame, but what do I do if I want to have a repair pickup for example? or a vehicle change...

I'll try that checkpoint thing thank you. Oh and btw. the freezing problem fixed itself somehow...damn buggy editor theyve got :|

What the hell? I edited that post yesterday -.-'' had it by 1,2,3..something must have gone wrong because only 1 is showing lol. Bah

You had a "boolean" error wich means there was something wrong with a "true" or "false" value in your map i think.

Did you set any trues or falses?

Anyway its fixed lol

Edited by FOTL.Emanuel

Place the Race pickup whereever you want. Click on it, press f3

settings should popup, go to where you can change the type and make it 'repair' instead of 'nitro'

Well when I first place the pickups I have theese meal pickups which I can't edit (F3 or double clicking doesn't work on them) but when I restart the server the pickups show up as normal Nitro pickups and I can then edit them to repair or vehicle change pickups.

Weird stuff :P Anyways, finishing the map now.

EDIT: Finally got around the checkpoint problem and the pickup problem, the map is completely done including checkpoints and stuff, but now the next problem has arrived.

unbenanntinbu.jpg

Why is this? :(

Alright I just replaced the pickup with a checkpoint. Works.

Here's V2...fixes:

- First and second slide are now more safe

- the start has been extended so the slides aren't too crowded anymore

- more repairs

- less tree's for faster loading times

harvslidevii.zip

Zip + no spaces :) enjoy

Edited by KillaMarci