Mr. Green Gaming

ZS map_forest

Weo

I started making maps thanks to Pufulet.

map reguires more work ofc. but now there is somestuff that might be worth of checkin out.

basicly its going to be forest map with small pond in it. 3-5 building 1 big 2 medium 2 small might be the end result.

heres few pics!

post-2663-129070328389_thumb.jpg

post-2663-12907032989_thumb.jpg

post-2663-129070334583_thumb.jpg

i didn't yet put any lake pictures because it need little bit of working.

ill post some pics after i make more of the map.

List of badass stuff:

List of worse stuff:

-...Everything :/

Well. I hope that's your first map. Because it's bad so far... Even for a start of it.

Well I understand that it will be moderated a bit more but... I think that It wont do good. You started very bad with it.

Anyway, just dont try to post it. Even a few more buildings wont do.

Try practicing the geometry pickup first (I mean the whole place, e.g. the grass).

Just learn some more entities for now.

If you need some help (like Pufulet needed :V) I can help you learn entities and maybe help you learn I/O (Inputs and Outputs) system.

If you want, you can try to learn mapping on your CURRENT map, but i dont really think that anyone will use it.

So yeah.

Good luck with further mapping! :)

Decent for a first map.

Boter, belive, but my first map was a brush :V

(Also I learned displacements nearly on the end of last year)

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Well anyways from what I have learned you should never put down a new mapper. Its bad enough that all the zs mappers I can think of is me AlexG i think and Stelk.. and Darkness and Clavus but I believe its mainly me and stelk..

Heres my advice:

Continue working on the houses,base,fort whatever.

A zombie map needs good atmoshpere so i suggest you use the ravenholm skybox. Message me on steam and I can teach you a few things about zombie mapping

Edited by Pufulet

Well anyways from what I have learned you should never put down a new mapper. Its bad enough that all the zs mappers I can think of is me AlexG i think and Stelk.. and Darkness and Clavus but I believe its mainly me and stelk..

Heres my advice:

A zombie map needs good atmoshpere so i suggest you use the ravenholm skybox. Message me on steam and I can teach you a few things about zombie mapping

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Stelk is mah friend. We talk on russian. Also I know alot more entities than you do :protest:

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Heres my advice:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Stelk is mah friend. Also I know alot more entities than you do :protest:

I wanna add stelk..

yeah you do know more entities and triggers but I know lots more things too.. and I have a huge imagination.

Edited by Pufulet

Heres my advice:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wanna add stelk..

yeah you do know more entities and triggers but I know lots more things too.. and I have a huge imagination.

Ufag.

You care about imagination only, not how to make the gameplay fun with entities.

I know that you can just place alot of prop statics all over the place with different angel than 0 0 0, do displacements and pickup textures. Yes I know that, but I was actually who helped you with hazard, which got out after. I optimesed it in good way. I made your file be smaller with all that shit. You dont like meh :<

Gtfo. :ilovePufulet: :(

Mmkay. Anyway.

Lets be ontopic...

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Heres my advice:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wanna add stelk..

Ufag.

You care about imagination only, not how to make the gameplay fun with entities.

I know that you can just place alot of prop statics all over the place with different angel than 0 0 0, do displacements and pickup textures. Yes I know that, but I was actually who helped you with hazard, which got out after. I optimesed it in good way. I made your file be smaller with all that shit. You dont like meh :<

Mmkay. Anyway.

Lets be ontopic...

nono D: what i meant was I make loads of zs maps thats all.

Forgive meh

Heres my advice:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wanna add stelk..

Ufag.

Mmkay. Anyway.

Lets be ontopic...

Forgive meh

NO. :eatpaper:

Ufag. :(

Ok. Enough. Going ontopic.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

That's good for a first map, but it won't be in ZS.

(Don't worry, my first map passed by this way too).

First map is first experience. Your first experience is good (Not like mine, not knowing which button is for doing a block :V)

Now the exerience you have to gain is with entities. The design is on your own.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Thanks for positive or negative comments. i work more to this map and i welcome both negative and positive comments that comes to this topic.

+

Heres my advice:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wanna add stelk..

Ufag.

Mmkay. Anyway.

Lets be ontopic...

Forgive meh

NO. :eatpaper:

Ufag. :(

Ok. Enough. Going ontopic.

How commong my posts turns out to be like warzones xD

Offtopic: pufulet i like your maps a lot more than the maps of dark, your maps have the right atmosphere and that matters alot. But stelk has the best maps, its always a pleasure playing a stelk map. :)

Ontopic: it doesnt look that bad, you have to start somewhere. Keep on practising, im sure thats what all good mappers did.

Offtopic: pufulet i like your maps a lot more than the maps of dark, your maps have the right atmosphere and that matters alot. But stelk has the best maps, its always a pleasure playing a stelk map. :)

Ontopic: it doesnt look that bad, you have to start somewhere. Keep on practising, im sure thats what all good mappers did.

I heard Stelk said that he wasnt gonna map anymore, but his maps are (were) probaly best.

Well as for me I just need to start a map, make it shitty, then make it better.

I never could make it insta-good :V

I wonder who were the mappers who made the first ZS maps :o

Too bad I lost my tower map, could do great things with it.

Probaly Jetboom... or someone of his friends.

Ontopic:

@ Weo, keep practicing. :)

Sure you will do good.

yeah... 26 day and time for more pics. and also we have name that propaply will be used zs_tainted_forest (thanks to Pufulet)

and the pics are here!

i made the roof better, added some props and made the Handrails better.

post-2663-12908016641_thumb.jpg

The houses porch.

post-2663-129080172003_thumb.jpg

The pond that haves boat middle of it but its dark there so it can't be seen :D.

post-2663-129080182308_thumb.jpg

houses porch has some minor fixes like lamps are little bit away from roof and you can see that lighter line before the wall... those will be fixed.

and for positive and negative feedback i would like to hear more about these 3 pics.

Well its obv good for a first map

just keep using this map and test out new mapping skeelz you learn

after that you should start from scrach with the same idea and it should be 10x better

keep up the good work

p.s good work on the handrails i liek

p.s.s try to make the waters edge less liney

Edited by Griffon