Mr. Green Gaming

My first map: Fun Jump

besweeet

My first attempt at an MTA map. Not too bad, considering it's just a basic map. I was going to add a wall full of those orange things at the very end (so that when people hit them with the dumper, they'll go flying all over the place), but I don't know the object ID and I don't want to spend hours looking through all 10,000 objects. So, maybe if an admin could do that for me, then that'd be great. I put up a vertical bridge, which is where I was going to put them all. Don't even ask how long this map took me, because I'll just tell you now: 2 hours...

Video:

See the attached .rar for the .map and .xml.

race-funjump.rar

Please Read the map uploading rules with regard to map archive structure:

Map uploaded

Thanks. Did you happen to add the orange things at the end of the race? I still can't find the object ID.

Sorry no, I didn't find it necessary, and I also would rather you not put those orange balls. There seems to be a slight chance that because of the insane speed you get after you hit them that you may get banned for "warping" by the anti cheat. (The chance is slight, close to minimal indeed, but I've heard it happen once or twice)

Please Read the map uploading rules with regard to map archive structure:

Map uploaded

Thanks. Did you happen to add the orange things at the end of the race? I still can't find the object ID.

Sorry no, I didn't find it necessary, and I also would rather you not put those orange balls. There seems to be a slight chance that because of the insane speed you get after you hit them that you may get banned for "warping" by the anti cheat. (The chance is slight, close to minimal indeed, but I've heard it happen once or twice)

Then take my map off. I didn't think that the review process would be like the way Apple handles the App Store. In other words, it sucks. It's my map. I should be as creative as I'd like. All the rules and terms of conditions should've been put out there. I've seen other maps with them, yet they somehow made it into the server.

If there are a bunch of little things that keep a map from getting into the server, or if there are little things that aren't recommended, then they should be made clear in some kind of post. Plus, it's more of a personal thing, based off of what you've just said. YOU don't find it necessary, yet it's my map, and I'd like it to be put in there (just like all the other maps that have orange things at the end).

Edited by besweeet

If there are a bunch of little things that keep a map from getting into the server, or if there are little things that aren't recommended, then they should be made clear in some kind of post.

I agree this would be nice.

Of course it's impossible to put every rule in a topic, but it might be handy to put things there like common bugs and stuff, and rules that make it easier to make maps good enough.

Then take my map off. I didn't think that the review process would be like the way Apple handles the App Store. In other words, it sucks. It's my map. I should be as creative as I'd like. All the rules and terms of conditions should've been put out there. I've seen other maps with them, yet they somehow made it into the server.

If there are a bunch of little things that keep a map from getting into the server, or if there are little things that aren't recommended, then they should be made clear in some kind of post. Plus, it's more of a personal thing, based off of what you've just said. YOU don't find it necessary, yet it's my map, and I'd like it to be put in there (just like all the other maps that have orange things at the end).

I see you're not a person with whom I can have a mature discussion.

So, alright, I'll take your map off as requested.

I see you're not a person with whom I can have a mature discussion.

So, alright, I'll take your map off as requested.

No, we can have a mature discussion. Your premises are just immature and have had no thought put into them. If my simple map can't have those orange things in them, then all of the other maps that have them should be taken down. It's only fair, right? It's just a map, so there shouldn't be any discussion as to what is allowed and disallowed (unless it's way out of control or is pure crap).

Plus, you've already said that the chances of someone getting banned because of going extremely fast is low to none. If someone does happen to get banned (which you've already claimed is unlikely), then they can simply post a ban appeal and everything will be back to normal.

So, based off of your odd thinking, maps like race-hipnoze should be removed, right? It has the color changing sky, but that's pretty useless too, right? It's not a necessary feature and it can cause people to get sick.

Did you change your mind yet, or are you going to be hard-headed because you don't want people to enjoy a map? If you put it to a vote as to whether or not my map should have those orange things, I'm pretty sure 90% of the results will go towards "yes, put them in". The only people who would've voted otherwise would be you and probably some people who don't understand the two choices.

Edited by besweeet

I said in my post that "I would rather you not put orange balls" . I'm not an english geek, but isn't this similar to "I would like it that you dont put orange balls" ?

So I wasn't saying that you shouldn't put orange balls, or that I won't allow you to, or that I will delete your map if you do. I was saying I would like the map (my opinion) without those balls and then I justified my opinion (the anti cheat problem). There are other maps with these balls, yes.. because it's impossible for me to talk to every single map maker who submits maps to the server and besides, they would have bitched about it just like you are doing now.

That's why I said I thought we could have a mature discussion, because I thought you would understand.

Sure I'll re-upload it when/if you give me a final version of the map. (with balls and all)

I said in my post that "I would rather you not put orange balls" . I'm not an english geek, but isn't this similar to "I would like it that you dont put orange balls" ?

So I wasn't saying that you shouldn't put orange balls, or that I won't allow you to, or that I will delete your map if you do. I was saying I would like the map (my opinion) without those balls and then I justified my opinion (the anti cheat problem). There are other maps with these balls, yes.. because it's impossible for me to talk to every single map maker who submits maps to the server and besides, they would have bitched about it just like you are doing now.

That's why I said I thought we could have a mature discussion, because I thought you would understand.

Sure I'll re-upload it when/if you give me a final version of the map. (with balls and all)

So far, this discussion has been nothing but mature. Also, if I wanted people's opinion, I would've asked for it, but I didn't.

I mentioned in the first post that I don't know the object ID of the orange things, and would appreciate it if an admin could add them for me. So if you can't do that for me, then at least give me the object ID of them.

Also, I can't find me original .map file; I don't know what happened to it. So if you can somehow allow me to download my .rar (it keeps saying I don't have permission to download [my own] files), then I'd appreciate it.

But at the moment, I'm a little more concerned with my other map...

Edited by besweeet

I downloaded it and put it elsewhere for you:

http://www.wackywavi...ace-funjump.rar

Ha, thanks.

I've made some changes to my map. Here's the changelog for v1.1:

1) Added repair pickups at the end of the ramps.

2) Added the orange mines for some added fun.

3) Added music (music.mp3). I didn't know how to add it into the map myself, so hopefully an admin can add it in.

I apologize for the double-post.

race-funjump.zip