Mr. Green Gaming

My second map: Awesome Coaster

besweeet

Here's my second map. I don't plan on making anymore for quite some time. I'm using the Roller Coaster Generator resource for MTA. It took about 30 minutes to get a good hold on how to use it. The map itself has 23 checkpoints and 40 spawnpoints, and a bunch of nitro pickups. It's roughly 2 minutes long, and is 2 laps around. It's pretty fun, and is a pretty good first attempt at a sky-coaster. Also, if an admin could add some repair pickups around the track, then that'd be great.

Video:

Hit up the attached .rar for the .map and .xml.

race-awesomecoaster.rar

Really? It took about 10 minutes until I figured out how to do anything with it :D. I almost quit, but gave it a few more minutes, and BAM. Easy.

If you're working on a map and want some roller coaster placement, I can do it for ya. Or I might just make a little tutorial...

I hope an admin will add the repair markers and add it to the server. I really want to see what it's like with 20+ people on it.

Really cool map! But it needs ghostmode turned on.

Also, you can only make the jump(s?) with nitro. But now when you die before the jump, you don't have nitro when you respawn so you can't make the jump anymore, so there should be nitro at the checkpoint.

And repairs would be cool as well, if there is any admin that feels like putting them in of course.

Anyway, I'd love to play the map with Ghostmode and nitro-fix!

Please Read the map uploading rules with regard to map archive structure:

1. Don't put checkpoints/coronas/whatever ON TOP of the loops. (This is important)

2. The first JUMP is not achievable.

3. Keep ghostmode on for your version of the map.

Fix and reupload (make a new post)

1. They aren't on top of the loops... They're under them.

2. Yes it is... I've completed this map dozens of times. It'll probably take most people a few tries until they complete the first lap.

3. I thought I did, but I'll fix it.

2. Yes it is... I've completed this map dozens of times. It'll probably take most people a few tries until they complete the first lap.

1. I meant 'under them' .. is that better?

2. Ok, I am sorry that you won't fix it so I can upload it.

3. That's not a problem, I would have set ghostmode on myself.

1. I meant 'under them' .. is that better?

2. Ok, I am sorry that you won't fix it so I can upload it.

3. That's not a problem, I would have set ghostmode on myself.

1. Yes, that's better.

2. There's nothing to fix.

3. Thanks.

I play on maps all the time where there are rings (as checkpoints) at the top under a loop, yet they've somehow made it into the server...

Also, if this map ends up getting uploaded, I'd love for this song to be bundled with it: http://www.2shared.c...e_Are_Many.html

Okay, I've edited my map to include Bin's list of fixes. Here's the changelog for v1.1:

1) Changed the 2 rings (the ones under the loop) to regular checkpoints and moved them towards the beginning of the loop.

2) Moved the landing ramp for the first jump closer.

3) Turned ghostmode on.

4) Added music (music.mp3). I didn't know how to actually implement it into the map, so hopefully Bin can do that for me.

5) Followed the proper folder structure, I guess.

Hopefully we're all good now?

And I apologize for the triple-post.

Also, the repair pickups will probably need to be placed, as I still haven't figure out how to add those.

Okay, disregard v1.1. Here's v1.2:

1) Added repair pickups.

2) Rearranged all the nitro and repair pickups (except for the ones on the main straightaway).

This one also includes the song that I'd like this map to have.

Sorry for the quadruple-post.

race-awesomecoaster.zip

race-awesomecoaster.zip

Edited by Darkstar

Here's v1.3:

1) Made SEVERAL small tweaks to the map, so people won't get pissed off (for example, the first loop is MUCH easier, but still takes some skill/precision).

2) Added the music script.

I consider this to be the semi-final version. The next version might have some scenery and stuff.

Here's v1.4:

1) Added some emergency landing platforms for the jumps, so that if a player doesn't have nitro or is going too slow, they can easily continue on.

I'm done with this one for a while.

race-awesomecoaster.zip

Edited by besweeet
  • 4 months later...