Mr. Green Gaming

zs_ghostcanal [RELEASE ! ]

Hey there, you probably don't remember zs_ghostcanal (which was my second map, that I posted here but the topic got lost forever), I wanted to continue this map but as I lost the file I couldn't do it.

What I've simply done is restarting everything from zero and improve the design a lot.

It's a sort of post-apocalyptic themed map, taking place in a canal/den where boats used to pass but that is now completely desert, and falling in ruins, and now it's a battlefield for humans and zombies :V

That's how it looks like (for now) : (download the image pack, I'm having problems with imageshack and formats -.-", I'm going to post the pics little by little ).

Full images pack : http://filesmelt.com/dl/img_ghostcanal.zip

(ok only 4 images cause imageshack and shit are not working correctly :( )

u-69c1821054.jpeg

v-64a6f49640.png

w-a2f65e9f43.jpeg

x-0ed3a3ad78.jpeg

As you can see the map is not finished,that's why I don't give a download link at the moment.

To do list:

-Add a few more buildings.

-Finish the big building.

-Finish the underground passage.

-Save the map under Half life 2's engine (cause currently it's Episode 1's engine, because I don't knowi f HL2 supports HD render).

-Fix light issues (not very important, but some are too bright).

-Moar props.

-Skybox 3d maybe.

I've tried to optimize as much as I could the map, I've quickly check the fps rate it's currently fluid!

Tell me what you think :)

Edited by Chikennugget1

HL2 supports HD. To make sure use engine 2009. (hl2 is in engine 2009 anyway)

I assume you mean HDR, and I believe that this has been supported by the Source engine for a very long time. Anyway, HL2 has been updated to the Orange Box engine quite a long time ago to make it compatible for Mac. So the answer is: Yes, the HL2 engine supports HDR. Atleast the version of Source the game runs on.

EDIT:

That means that HL2/EP1/EP2/TF2 etc. all run on the same engine now.

UPDATE:

Here are the few stuff I added recently:

-Finished the big building+added a building that is where zombies will spawn (the one which looks like a triangle).

-Almost finished the underground passage (I need to link it with an upper room).

-Added more details and useable props.

-Slightly reduced the brightness (Mr Botervloot, is it still hurting your eyes? :P )

I abandonned the 3d skybox for now because it has been bugging my textures and making some walls appearing randomly on corners of the map, Wigbig helped me with this and some other stuff but I've removed this feature for now, maybe I'll come back on it at the end, else it will be for an eventual v2.

Screens (sorry for the quality, jpeg...):

hl2_20110402_18221754-caf0821017.jpg

hl2_20110402_18222179-105632b654.jpg

hl2_20110402_18224022-2cab4edb29.jpg

hl2_20110402_18232149-b633d9c438.jpg

hl2_20110402_18240146-0ae695fa20.jpg

hl2_20110402_18241492-77dcd2cc6.jpg

The map is 90% finished.

Edited by Chikennugget1

RELEASED:

Download here

Notes :

-Added a few poles with wires, removed the water undeground and replaced it with toxic material (damages you when you fall in it), fixed lights, improve a bit the optimisation.

Thanks to WigBig and Mr Darkness for their help (by the way Darky, you can still send me your fixed version, but I've changed it on my side and it works now).

Edited by Chikennugget1

RELEASED:

Download here

Notes :

-Added a few poles with wires, removed the water undeground and replaced it with toxic material (damages you when you fall in it), fixed lights, improve a bit the optimisation.

Thanks to WigBig and Mr Darkness for their help (by the way Darky, you can still send me your fixed version, but I've changed it on my side and it works now).

Well. What I have changed:

-Your map inside of the skybox is changed, now the skybox is how it should be, and that means you can make your 3d skybox (IF YOU KNOW HOW, I can do it for you if you want);

-Optimized with occluders and func_details;

-Optimized with trigger_transition (will do hints in your map which is very helpful);

-I "fixed" the thing with your water shit. (Wig told you WRONG so far...);

-Made a better view for your corridor thing... eeh... dont even know what is it xD;

-Added cubemaps for the place where it requires to have it (height, width, large from the textures, in other words gave them the right reflection);

-Your textures were very messy. I put them right so they fit well.

Edited by Mr. Darkness