Mr. Green Gaming

HL2 Style map WIP

I started a HL2 style map today, not for any particular game mode, I'm just going to try and make it my best and most detailed map yet.

Here is what it looks like from the sky

neo4.jpg

And a slightly earlier shot of the bridge etc

neo2.jpg

Edited by Wigbig

I can help you with 3d skybox. Make a road goin into skybox and I will do the rest.

But you need to finish the map structure first.

Dw Mr. Darkness I'm pro at 3D skyboxes now =)

I might also have stuff after the bridge as well, but probably not as i have to do the interiors for all these buildings first and areaportals and shit

I can help you with 3d skybox. Make a road goin into skybox and I will do the rest.

I might also have stuff after the bridge as well, but probably not as i have to do the interiors for all these buildings first and areaportals and shit

Well. I hope you remember that you should make all the objects in the 3d skybox func_detail? Its important to optimise your map, or else skybox might be laggy a bit.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Well. I hope you remember that you should make all the objects in the 3d skybox func_detail? Its important to optimise your map, or else skybox might be laggy a bit.

Yeh I know that, but to date I haven't wanted to use a any brush based skybox stuff.

I most likely will in this one.

Edited by Wigbig

Yeh I know that, but to date I haven't wanted to use a any brush based skybox stuff.

Wait what. You mean you wont do a road in (and into) 3d skybox?

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I'm not sure yet, the road that goes under the bridge will probably be blocked of or something. I may even make the bridge collapsed with some traffic fallen off it.

I'm not sure yet, the road that goes under the bridge will probably be blocked of or something. I may even make the bridge collapsed with some traffic fallen off it.

Ok then. Good luck :)

If you need any help with entities - ask.

I texture my maps as I make them. I don't make everything nodraw, I just can't work like that.

I hope you made roof atleast using nodraw? Thats required to start with nodraws. Also it gets easy to make them textured. They align perfectly.

No I didn't, why is it required?

Also some updates.

wigig.jpg

sofar.jpg

Edited by Wigbig