- Cracked stone brick half blocks

- Cracked stone brick stairs

- Mossy stone brick

- Mossy stone brick half blocks

- Mossy stone brick stairs

- Brick half blocks

- Brick stairs

- Glass panes

May well be more, thats all I can remember though.

Lighting changes:

- You can change the brightness using a slider on the options

- At night time there is a purple glow

- Torches give off a warm orange glow at night time, lava also appears much brighter

- The day/night transition is completely smooth instead of chunky

- If you are in a dark area such as a cave, when you come out and look at the light your screen goes slightly blurry and flared for a short time (like real life)

Technical changes:

- Faster chunk rendering

- Better seed generator

- New animations for explosions and other things

- Every mob drops more useful things now. All animals except for sheep drop their own food, and zombies now drop rotten meat. I assume this will be cooked and turned to good meat or be given some other use.

- The XP system. Keep in mind that this is useless at the moment, they dont have anything to spend the experience you gain on, its purely for showing off with.

I wont put anything else as I'm sure you're aware of the rivers and ravines and abandoned mines and blahblahblahksffnsdm,fg....

New blocks:

• - Melons
    - Stone bricks
    - Stone Brick half blocks
    - Stone brick stairs
    - Cracked stone brick
    - Cracked stone brick half blocks
    - Cracked stone brick stairs
    - Mossy stone brick
    - Mossy stone brick half blocks
    - Mossy stone brick stairs
    - Brick half blocks
    - Brick stairs
    - Glass panes
  • Iron fence
  • Ivy/vines
  • Cobweb (legitimatly found)

May well be more, thats all I can remember though.

Lighting changes:

- You can change the brightness using a slider on the options

- At night time there is a purple glow

- Torches give off a warm orange glow at night time, lava also appears much brighter

- The day/night transition is completely smooth instead of chunky- If you are in a dark area such as a cave, when you come out and look at the light your screen goes slightly blurry and flared for a short time (like real life)

Technical changes:

- Faster chunk rendering

- Better seed generator

- New animations for explosions and other things

- Every mob drops more useful things now. All animals except for sheep drop their own food, and zombies now drop rotten meat. I assume this will be cooked and turned to good meat or be given some other use.

- The XP system. Keep in mind that this is useless at the moment, they dont have anything to spend the experience you gain on, its purely for showing off with.I wont put anything else as I'm sure you're aware of the rivers and ravines and abandoned mines and blahblahblahksffnsdm,fg....

- New Main Menu background

- F3 might show the map seed.

New mobs

• Blue spiders: found in mine shafts, they are poisonous and probably stronger then their brown brothers.
  • Endermen (most people know this already)
  • Silverfish: Some kind of insect that is very rare

New Biomes

Mushroom, Ocean, Mountain (The biomes are much much bigger now)

Combat changes

-You can charge the bow (fully charged = critical hit)

-jumping and hitting = critical hit

Notch wants to add a skylands but he says that the nether has to be improved first. Adding new content and such. So don't count on any skylands or floating stuff any time soon.

Alchemy is just a mod, I doubt any of the mojang crew even knows about it's existance seeing how only few people klnow about it.

Yeah i've seen the alchemy mod, wasn't really my thing.. Yogscast featured it didnt they?

Indeed, I dont know if thats good or not.. Its like if you play a game where your character walks slow, you never think 'this takes ages' until you use speed hacks. e.g. play oblivion normally for a month or so, then drink 100 skooma and see how fast you run. The fact that you CAN run faster will probably annoy me haha. No doubt people will have an unlimited food bar hack though in like a couple weeks of release... *sigh*