Mr. Green Gaming

Rangers, RealisM, Basscannon

ruCsan

Hah, who would expect MC to become so boring? Hehe :'D

Haha

Legit fights are the best. Everything else is just meh...

Indeed. Faction wars should be like everyday fights. But what do we see? All the players are at their bases, no one on battlefronts. Some attack someone elses bases.

There should be like massive wars over there... Thats what I imagined when I first heard of MC faction wars. Later when Box gifted me the game I played it for a month in FW but hmm.. it wasnt as good as I imagined, honestly :/

Especially with those kiddies.

lol'd

In my opinion, which I'm sure many will disagree with, minecraft.nl needs a re-think. Server hosting is expensive, and at the end of day l4g is paying to host a fairly expensive server that:

1) Doesn't appeal to its forum members at all

2) Barely brings in revenue

3) Is a pain to moderate, both in game for admins who no longer like playing the game AND with people posting complaints on the forums which seems to annoy the normal forum users and clog up the feeds (Although this problem of unban request threads has died down lately imo)

If its going to be hosted it should at LEAST appeal to the actual l4g users, instead of making a load of ''whiney kids'', if peoples donations/Clavus' money is going to be wasted on paying for a service that its users hate. Otherwise it should just be shut down, its burning money

Take the mc project i'm working on for example. Im trying to make that so people will enjoy playing it, the normal PC gamer, not just annoying people, by actually ASKING people what they want to see in the game. Whereas on .nl it very much seems just an endless cycle of the same game with the same problems and it gets very boring. It needs a re-vamp in the same way that ZS is getting re-done!

While I say this, I know the top crew are busy with stuff and are highly unlikely to do anything new with it anyway. Like I said, its just my opinion :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

lol'd

In my opinion, which I'm sure many will disagree with, minecraft.nl needs a re-think. Server hosting is expensive, and at the end of day l4g is paying to host a fairly expensive server that:

1) Doesn't appeal to its forum members at all

2) Barely brings in revenue

3) Is a pain to moderate, both in game for admins who no longer like playing the game AND with people posting complaints on the forums which seems to annoy the normal forum users and clog up the feeds (Although this problem of unban request threads has died down lately imo)

If its going to be hosted it should at LEAST appeal to the actual l4g users, instead of making a load of ''whiney kids'', if peoples donations/Clavus' money is going to be wasted on paying for a service that its users hate. Otherwise it should just be shut down, its burning money

Take the mc project i'm working on for example. Im trying to make that so people will enjoy playing it, the normal PC gamer, not just annoying people, by actually ASKING people what they want to see in the game. Whereas on .nl it very much seems just an endless cycle of the same game with the same problems and it gets very boring. It needs a re-vamp in the same way that ZS is getting re-done!

While I say this, I know the top crew are busy with stuff and are highly unlikely to do anything new with it anyway. Like I said, its just my opinion :V

SOME hate the service, some doesn't that's why the server is at 40/40 all the time even at night time.

The problem really comes down to moderating. I don't think people even realize what combat logging is. It hasn't been clarified what it is AT ALL. Also, I am fairly sure many of the users in minecraft know that combat logging isn't allowed.

Also, what I've seen Corby is the ONLY active admin in minecraft. Well, he has become more inactive now. So that means a lot of bullshit can go around. Yes, you could say I should record, but do you know how boring it is to make all those records? It is fine to record cheaters, np there.. but I get to the point sometimes where I have to record combat loggers, because they simply try to kill you in invincible mode.

I don't know what should be done really, and you just can't pick up regular guys to be moderators. So many factors come to play.

Oh btw, I know it isn't the right forum but, I saw that it lagged so much less when it was 35/40. Could we try this? I hate playing in the lag. I'd rather have 35 slots than 40 slots.