Mr. Green Gaming

Piratebay.org lost the trial.

JBr0ley

(NOTE: This is just the first courts verdict.)

I will keep updating this thread if as/if new information comes up--

So, Piratebay.org lost the trial and is now sentenced to pay 31$ million Swedish crowns and too spend one year in jail.

LIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE LEADERS: http://thepiratebay.org/special/2009epicwinanyhow.php(Ended at 13:48 PM Swedish time.)

What's your opinion on this? We all know TPB stands for almost 75% of all the existing torrents, which means when TPB goes down a lot of other torrents will go down. TPB also claims google to be using the same methods as they are/were using, since you can find direct links to torrents in both Googles and TPB's search.php (Search index.)

Piratebays comment: "So, the dice courts judgement is here. It was lol to read and hear, crazy verdict. But as in all good movies, the heroes lose in the beginning but have an epic victory in the end anyhow. That's the only thing hollywood ever taught us." TPB also says that they will ignore the verdict and that TPB will be back up by tomorrow.

Post discussion & thoughts around this subject here please.

Been closed in Denmark for 2 months now.

Only some ISPs have closed it, not mine, but I don't use any of that torrent.

If I want a game, I buy one, If I want a movie, I buy it or go to the cinema.

If you ask me, it's ok to close it's down, since it costs those ppl who make movies alot of money.

Been closed in Denmark for 2 months now.

Only some ISPs have closed it, not mine, but I don't use any of that torrent.

If I want a game, I buy one, If I want a movie, I buy it or go to the cinema.

If you ask me, it's ok to close it's down, since it costs those ppl who make movies alot of money.

Really? You know, I watched an interview with Lil'Wayne yesterday, did you know he has diamonds worth 150,000$ in his mouth? And did you also know Daniel Radcliff is a billionaire ? To me it doesn't really look like they need more money then they have. Even though you can download shows like The Simpsons or Family guy from TPB, they still make a HUGE profit; right?

also on a article that i as reading about that, didnt they say that if they werre to be found guilty they would appeal anyway?

I thought so too. I was thinking that I read something about they had servers everywhere, and they would appear online again from another country, I lol'd.

I love torrents.I find them great for watching tv shows i would usually miss because i work shifts and always forget to record them.

Never really used tpb though, i use torrent leech it rocks :worshippy:

But you need an invite to join as far as I know? :(

Haha, I read about it on the tram this morning. It said there were only 4 of the 3 founders who were going to be judged. Two experts in this subject had said two different things about their judge.

First one said that they were going to pay 117 million SEK (kr or crowns) ($14117193.78/10811140.98