Mr. Green Gaming

Simon Ace/Extinction Plaza (my songs)

ace_header2.jpg?w=851

Short Biogr​aphy
Simon Ace is an European rapper from Estonia. Ace is also one half of the rap duo Extinction Plaza (the other half being Whale PowerS). After making instrumentals for years, he took on the path of a recording artist and started writing songs. In 2012 he moved up his rap game and recorded vocals on top of his instrumentals, and started releasing them for free.

He is currently working on his solo debut album which he plans to release soon.

NEW!!!

RELEASED MY FIRST SOLO ALBUM FOR FREE!

oberon_cover1.jpg?w=450

Edited by Bandit

Sounds really cool!

I certainly listen hiphop, in fact from 2004 onwards I have spent at least 1 hour every single day searching rap lyrics on the internet from rap songs I don't know and rap them, and I've also been writing lyrics since the age of 9. Hiphop is a huge part of my life.

What I really love is that you don't bite off the mainstream (a lot of so-called "rappers" I know do what they hear on the radio), but you cook up your own style. It sounds a bit New Age / Ambient and along with HipHop, that's the genre I love most - so I really love this song. It sounds as good as Kid CuDi and Atmosphere, and that's a big compliment.

I have a "mental" album - that's what I call an album from which every song is written in my mind and every beat of it is completely finished in my mind, so I practically listen to the songs in my head because I've never made the beats in real life. I'm planning to spend time on that this year. The problem is I don't have the patience to work with Beat Editors because you gotta learn them through and through first. Oh well.

I think my beats could have potential as they sample mostly songs from video games - children games mostly - but also mixing them with more popular songs. For example, one of my songs is a mix of these samples:

- The Piano Riff from the song

from the videogame Beyond Good & Evil,

- The Drums you hear at 0:27 in

from Ronnie Laws - more or less as has been sampled in
from Black Moon,

- The Chorus is based on the chorus (so not the part that was sampled in Stan) of

from Dido.

Another song is based on

, where the only rapping happens from the parts like 0:20 - 1:00 and then there's 50 seconds of awesome instrumentals - sounds much like "Can I Kick It?" from A Tribe Called Quest. Other songs sample music from the game "Monopoly Tycoon" and "Redcat", plus one beat is based on the Title Song of the children cartoon "64 Zoo Lane", and... well you get my point.

Anyway, all of those things I think of are just ideas, while you guys actually managed to MAKE your song in real life, and it sounds great as well. Keep it up, I really wanna hear more from you!

Edited by BlueYoshi97
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you, it was made as simple, yet as interesting as possible.

Hope you listened to the song as well in the end : )

Yeah it sounds great! What program/s do you use to mix it all?

Itd be good if you added a more shimmery sounding snare,

Edited by Dr.Minky

I use Cool Edit Pro for recording the vocals and edit/mix/master/create the instrumentals in Fruity Loops Studio.

And I don't really know what type of a snare you're talking about but I wanted it to sound exactly as it does ;)

I use Cool Edit Pro for recording the vocals and edit/mix/master/create the instrumentals in Fruity Loops Studio.

And I don't really know what type of a snare you're talking about but I wanted it to sound exactly as it does ;)

Ah, ive never heard of cool edit pro :o Fruity Loops is great though, I'd learn to use it properly if I had the time :V

Basically the same as it is know but with the high EQs raised a bit and with a bit more reverb, just my opinion anyway

Keep up the good work, its awsam, you working on anything else at the minute?

Yeah.. funny. Sad to see hip hop has gone to such a shithole on radios. Hopefully more relative and wiser hip hop will rise again (for ex. Kendrick Lamar is creating huge waves right now)

Edited by Bandit

Yeah.. funny. Sad to see hip hop has gone to such a shithole on radios. Hopefully more relative and wiser hip hop will rise again (for ex. Kendrick Lamar is creating huge waves right now)

I haven't heard nice lyrics on the radio since Eminem was still hot. Radio hip hop = club hop. It's just to dance to, not to listen to. That's why I never listen radio, cuz I don't dance.

Listen to these lyrics (beat produced by Hi-Tek):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWYLH8bkGOI

By the way, I really love the other song you posted, as well as one you gave me a while back that sampled a song that was in Vice City or something. Hmm, still gotta have that song somewhere on my pc...

Yeah Blackalicious is dope. About the stuff that's on radio - Kanye is still relevant (so is the whole GOOD Music family). And definitely a couple more others. But if you only hear Lil Wayne and such artists that ruin hiphop as we know it, then I apologize on the behalf of the hiphop community and understand where you're coming from.

There's still a whole lot of good hip hop moving around, you just have to find it.

Talib Kweli still makes awesome music (listen to Gutter Rainbows) as does Kanye West although I was his biggest fan up to 2007, cuz I prefer his old style. The 7 songs on his College Dropout Video Anthology are all among my favourite music ever, ever since I discovered them and I still listen to that album regularly.

I've come to accept that music changes, as people's tastes change and so I'm not so much saying that mdoern hiphop is bad music - I just don't like that it's classified as Hip Hop.

Cuz if you ask someone on the street about what's hiphop and he says 'Lil' Wayne, Wacka Flocka Flame, Pitbull' then they must think that hiphop means 'Talking some crap in a very slow, very monotone manner, while not sticking to the beat' while I see hiphop as 'Creative lyrics, spat fast, unpredictable and rhytmatic.'

Seriously though, I like your music better than hiphop I hear on the radio, and I don't just say that because I know you, but your music just fits my taste and the quality is great.

Edited by BlueYoshi97
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...