Mr. Green Gaming

PvP battles

Dear Clavus and other MC admins,,

I was getting bored of minecraft.nl it's PvP battles so i went playing on other PvP servers...

On one server there was an amazing plugin. Where mushroom stews could be eating with only one click on the mouse and it heals like 4 hearts. That makes PvP battles very intens and longer so more fun. There are also mushroom cows in that server so that you can have your own mushroom cow. To get stews very easy. There was also a spawn and when you walked out of it then you didnt had spawn protection anymore and when you went back in the spawn area you still didnt had spawn protection. So you could spawn fight like a big pussy. Please take those plugins in comsideration. Because those plugins will create epic PvP battles.

P.S. People are getting to overpowered with their protection IV, Sharp V etc.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGKE1vOMA0s

Here is the example. You can see that he doesnt have spawn protection anymore at 0:24 and you also see in his fights that he eats his mushroom stews in one click on the mouse( + you gotta love this guys reaction and intensity)

Kind regards

Oogappeltje :P

Edited by oogappeltje

Honestly, that looks rather boring to me. Minecraft battles always start out slow, waiting for the guy in front to make the first move. Then the battle starts. But it's the tension that builds up before one of you snaps and makes the rush which makes minecraft PvP servers so interesting.

IMO pvp was killed by the move to 'adventure' mode. It was all well and good adjusting to the new system of hunger and health, but. Now it just makes it boring. There's no tactical side to it. It's just stand and mash lftclk and whoever has the best enchantments win. Before, plain armour meant you had to think on your feet, use flint and steel as well as your sword. Trap people, pick off weaklings. It made raiding harder, and more dynamic.

If anything would rebalance the gameplay, it would be a plug in removing armour and weapon enchantments. It'd still be cool to have tools and potions, because it adds a use to the nether and a use for your exp. But it wont be such an integral part to the game.

With multiplayer games, I feel that communal experience always suffers when time played directly means more strength. For example someone spending 24 hours a day getting wicked cool enchants will beat the poop out of anyone who only plays after school for a couple of hours.

Without enchantments, sure there was a small gap where people had more tnt or arrows. But there were no unfair advantages.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

IMO pvp was killed by the move to 'adventure' mode. It was all well and good adjusting to the new system of hunger and health, but. Now it just makes it boring. There's no tactical side to it. It's just stand and mash lftclk and whoever has the best enchantments win. Before, plain armour meant you had to think on your feet, use flint and steel as well as your sword. Trap people, pick off weaklings. It made raiding harder, and more dynamic.

If anything would rebalance the gameplay, it would be a plug in removing armour and weapon enchantments. It'd still be cool to have tools and potions, because it adds a use to the nether and a use for your exp. But it wont be such an integral part to the game.

With multiplayer games, I feel that communal experience always suffers when time played directly means more strength. For example someone spending 24 hours a day getting wicked cool enchants will beat the poop out of anyone who only plays after school for a couple of hours.

Without enchantments, sure there was a small gap where people had more tnt or arrows. But there were no unfair advantages.

Maybe there is a plugin, which deletes all enchant above III on swords and all enchants above II on armor. That you cant be to overpowered and that people with skills can rule the server and not the guys with the best mob spawners. The plugin with stews and especialy spawn protection, should also be considered by admins.

Edited by oogappeltje

Yeah, i am playing on the server too, but you have overlooked one thing; the plugins are private.

I am totally for this plugin as I enjoy playing this type of pvp.

@NL Minecrafter I have two alternatives to your problem.

1. There is a plugin called 'fast food' which heals your health and maybe an admin could configure it so soup is only instant health.

2.Clavus has a pvp logging plugin so I'm sure he has the skills that are required to make a soup plugin.

Let's just not doubt the new hunger system. Cus I think it makes surviving a lot harder and more fun. They've added enough things to make the scenario you're describing oogappeltje. You can use potions, enchanted armour and weapons, hacks? So there's enough things you can do.

I'm all for it on single player, and small private servers with your friends. But I feel it has taken the fun out of pvp for me, there's no 'va-va-voom' anymore. Of course this is just a curse of being a comparatively early player, all the newer minecrafters probably love the PVP because they don't know any different.

I think the days of Rangers are over. I can't see us ever returning to raiding for more than 4 hours, and I can't really build anything too cool with the map being reset so often. I might just become the server's tramp and beg for iron ingots around spawn.

Let's just not doubt the new hunger system. Cus I think it makes surviving a lot harder and more fun. They've added enough things to make the scenario you're describing oogappeltje. You can use potions, enchanted armour and weapons, hacks? So there's enough things you can do.

I'm all for it on single player, and small private servers with your friends. But I feel it has taken the fun out of pvp for me, there's no 'va-va-voom' anymore. Of course this is just a curse of being a comparatively early player, all the newer minecrafters probably love the PVP because they don't know any different.

I think the days of Rangers are over. I can't see us ever returning to raiding for more than 4 hours, and I can't really build anything too cool with the map being reset so often. I might just become the server's tramp and beg for iron ingots around spawn.

I only give noobs iron blocks, sorry :'(

• 2 weeks later...

If you only give noobs iron blocks...

Whats wrong with giving Awesomeo iron?

JkJK

Edited by stardude9

If you only give noobs iron blocks...

Whats wrong with giving Awesomeo iron?

JkJK

Banned! :D