⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Shaders Made Easy

Hey guys,

Recently it was mentioned we needed to update our minecraft forum topic, and for that we need some nice looking screen shots. I've put together a .zip file containing everything you need to install shaders to make them a bit more pleasant to look at.

Download

You will need a clean minecraft .jar file (unmodified) to use this launcher.

Instructions:

1. Download the file.

post-6154-0-71099100-1339322491_thumb.pn

2. Unzip the file.

post-6154-0-23283400-1339412166_thumb.pn

3. Run MagicLauncher.jar

post-6154-0-80380800-1339412202_thumb.pn

4. In the bottom right hand corner click setup.

post-6154-0-18418000-1339322693_thumb.pn

5. In the right hand column, under 'Download', click 'Add'. Navigate to the 'Minecraft + Shaders' file and begin adding the mods in the order shown below. If your computer isn't very powerful, choose the 'lite' file instead of 'Ultra DOF'.

post-6154-0-61201700-1339322823_thumb.pn

6. Now click the 'Advanced' tab, on the left hand side. This will bring you to the screen shown below. Here you can allocate more memory to allow Minecraft to run smoother. Don't allocate too much ram! Chose either 2048 or 3072.

post-6154-0-53881100-1339323001_thumb.pn

7. That's it! You can ensure everything is working by clicking 'Test' at the bottom of the screen. Whilst doing this you can stick the included texture pack on by clicking 'texture packs' on the main screen, then 'open texture pack folder'. A new window will open which you need to drag the 'faithful32.zip' into. Now you're all set to go.

post-6154-0-54640900-1339323167_thumb.pn

8. Log in with your Minecraft username and password and bask in the dynamic lighting.

Example Screens:

Lite (No motion blur or depth of field):

post-6154-0-08196800-1339323348_thumb.pn

Ultra (Everything):

post-6154-0-21388500-1339323401_thumb.pn

post-6154-0-69414700-1339323424_thumb.pn

post-6154-0-84867100-1339323455_thumb.pn

Source:

Magic Launcher

Optifine

Shaders

Texture Pack

We need exciting screenshots. Not just your base - take pictures of battles and tnt cannons and the loot your dead foes drop at your feet. Remember you can use inverted third person by pressing F5 twice.

The top three screen shots will earn their submitters 100 green coins, with a 50 coin bonus for the best one. For the screen shot to count, you must be using the shader and the texture pack included with the file.

Good luck!

Edited by awesomeo_5000

To everyone that said macs were shit. My macbook air runs ultra with the texture pack at 25-40 fps.

My gaming desktop has a hissy fit if I try and change the ram above 1024 because 32bit architectures with java suuuuuck.

Macs are the best laptops tough they're shit cause not all games are compatible with macs :)

Unless you install windows for macs which crashes around 3 times an hour on my mac ...

Edited by Mathijs1996

To everyone that said macs were shit. My macbook air runs ultra with the texture pack at 25-40 fps.

My gaming desktop has a hissy fit if I try and change the ram above 1024 because 32bit architectures with java suuuuuck.

Macs are the best laptops tough they're shit cause not all games are compatible with macs :)

Unless you install windows for macs which crashes around 3 times an hour on my mac ...

I have windows on mac and it doesn't crash every 20 minutes.

So stfu Mathijs.

Edited by oogappeltje

So stfu Mathijs.

So stfu Mathijs.

Ya ...

Thanks FishWithAHat

I forgot to mention, you need a clean .jar file for this to work. So if you have optifine manually installed you'll need to fresh install. It's worth it because the magic launcher makes it way easier to switch between mod packs (I have a single player one with millenaire and stuff and then a mp with optifine).

The error messages are fine, I have them and it works for me.

Okay. I don't want to troubleshoot every mod ever. But if you do everything I said in the OP, with no other mods included, it will work. I've tested it both on my Mac and PC.

Perhaps try removing gulliver's mod if that works you know its that. If it does work try the order: Modload, optifine, shader core, shader config, no waving, guliver.

Edited by awesomeo_5000