Mr. Green Gaming

Server lag?

Arild_

I fought a guy earlier today, and I recorded it for safety in case something odd would happen. Lag spikes on the server is not something new, but have anyone experienced something like this? Is these big lag spikes normal or is it just me? It's usually not this bad btw, but it's not always possible to PvP because of the lag spikes. And yes, the lower fps is because I'm recording.

I drank a speed II potion just before I started recording, so that's why I'm moving so fast.

Edit: fixed the video so it can actually be seen

Edited by Arild_

I fought a guy earlier today, and I recorded it for safety in case something odd would happen. Lag spikes on the server is not something new, but have anyone experienced something like this? Is these big lag spikes normal or is it just me? It's usually not this bad btw, but it's not always possible to PvP because of the lag spikes. And yes, the lower fps is because I'm recording.

I drank a speed II potion just before I started recording, so that's why I'm moving so fast.

yes this happens to me all the time, my player freezes and i dont realise that i am frozen so i keep moving on but im in the same position where i froze, get very annoying, have to disconnect and reconnect for me to go back. this never happened before aswell?

yes this happens to me all the time, my player freezes and i dont realise that i am frozen so i keep moving on but im in the same position where i froze, get very annoying, have to disconnect and reconnect for me to go back. this never happened before aswell?

The freeze thing you're talking about happens to me quite often. It was worse in the beginning of this map, and it has gotten a bit better, although this was not an issue before 1.3. The new thing here was how bad the lag spike was compared to how it usually is. When I fight people, sometimes I do get a lag spike and get "teleported back in time and place" as happens with these freezes, but it's usually not like this where I can't fight at all and die during a lag spike.

• 2 weeks later...