⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

PROBLEM: TOEFL test - not enough points.

Mr. Darkness

Hello there fellow members of Mr. Green!

I wanted to ask you for and advice and help me out in one situation.

Recently I was on a TOEFL test and got 71 points in total, while I require 79 points in total.

Please, help me out if you have any experience with TOEFL / IELTS or some stuff like that, because I really don't know what to do

The problems during my entire test were during Listening and Speaking section. Also in first part of Writing (tho I did get a score of 24 which is REALLY good for writing section, while most ppl dont succeed in it).

The problem is... I expected Listening section to be the same construction as it usually is, but instead I got this:

In cambridge TOEFL (the one I used to prepare my self) had a construction of 5 - 7 (or somewhere like that) lectures and conversations. But in the TOEFL I wrote, it had over 12 of lectures and conversations which I didn't really expect to be. All the content in Reading and Listening was extended which I didn't really prepare to.

Now in Speaking section it was a living hell. All the people in the room (were over 15 of us) were SHOUTING OUT LOUD AT THEIR MICS WHILE I WAS TRYING TO HEAR A LECTURE OR A GODDAMN CONVERSATION. It was during the entire speaking section. I definately got 17/30 for it because my headphones were basically muted because of other ppl trying to do the speaking section as well!

Now, when I got to writing part, the first part of the writing section was also a shithole. Some people were still doing the speaking section while I was trying to listen to a lecture. This is ridiculous! I couldn't normally understand what it was about and wrote what mainly the reading part of the first test in writing section was!

I didn't get enough points which I lost because of all other students shouting out loud around!

What should I do now if I want to get into that university in Brussels which requires me to get 79 points? Would I still be able to have a consultation so they'd think of accepting me into the university? This is stupid!

Please help.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I have passed the TOEIC last year, and I got 860 pts on a total of 990.

I'm not sure but maybe you can pass this test too, instead of the TOEFL, I'm pretty sure it can help you.

That's basically the same thing, we have an audio comprehension part in which we have to answer questions about dialogues, speeches etc (who is talking, what topic is it about etc...), and a reading comprehension part (choosing right words for a text etc...).

Personnaly, I also had a few problems with the audio part but these were due to the audio questions going a bit too fast (we had a few seconds to choose an answer for each sequence), I had better results with the reading part.

Edited by Chikennugget1

I have passed the TOEIC last year, and I got 860 pts on a total of 990.

I'm not sure but maybe you can pass this test too, instead of the TOEFL, I'm pretty sure it can help you.

That's basically the same thing, we have an audio comprehension part in which we have to answer questions about dialogues, speeches etc (who is talking, what topic is it about etc...), and a reading comprehension part (choosing right words for a text etc...).

Personnaly, I also had a few problems with the audio part but these were due to the audio questions going a bit too fast (we had a few seconds to choose an answer for each sequence), I had better results with the reading part.

Well but what about if you don't get enough points? Is it possible to consult with a teacher of an university to explain everything or some sort of that?

• 4 years later...