⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Help me with map and general map talk :D

hammer hates me, and decided it wouldnt let me open the old map, (which was looking ok :( )

so im making a new one :D

so far, its rainy and a warehouse again <3

im using the different types of lights like i was told to :D

so any ideas or tips or anything will be helpful! :D

Again? :D

ALWAYS make a space, that is enterable from 2 sides. Or it has to be a small room. Think of this, and use it in any way you see fit *1 door, 1 vent*;*2 doors*, hole in wall, door ect.

For variation, make things like a door, a ventilation shaft, sewer, but also a walkable roof, bridge, or something like that.

Make your map unique. Make something that has never been done in ZS before. You will get kudos for that. Like a bridge, that will fall down when lots of weight *say, people walk on it*. So you will have to make plans on how many will cross. Make it like so, that it's long.

And maybe work with different colours of light. Not white lights, but more realistic light, like a bit yellowish.

Again? :D

ALWAYS make a space, that is enterable from 2 sides. Or it has to be a small room. Think of this, and use it in any way you see fit *1 door, 1 vent*;*2 doors*, hole in wall, door ect.

For variation, make things like a door, a ventilation shaft, sewer, but also a walkable roof, bridge, or something like that.

Make your map unique. Make something that has never been done in ZS before. You will get kudos for that. Like a bridge, that will fall down when lots of weight *say, people walk on it*. So you will have to make plans on how many will cross. Make it like so, that it's long.

And maybe work with different colours of light. Not white lights, but more realistic light, like a bit yellowish.

the sewer idea is good,

this has probably been done before but i got triggerable thunder, and the bridge sounds like a good idea! :D

the lighting is much improved from last time :awesome:

thanks to you!

i might need some help with the bridge as im still quite a noob mapper so any tips on weight triggers would help :D

Try and develop your own way of mapping, avoid the standard house defence type maps unless you have something truly unique to add to it, It is far easier to just redo the same idea other people have done before.

But coming up with something new and innovative may be harder but gives people something to remember your maps by, when I think of abstract type maps, clavus's work comes to mind when I think of fun & pretty realistic maps I think of Deluvas.

Try and develop your own way of mapping, avoid the standard house defence type maps unless you have something truly unique to add to it, It is far easier to just redo the same idea other people have done before.

But coming up with something new and innovative may be harder but gives people something to remember your maps by, when I think of abstract type maps, clavus's work comes to mind when I think of fun & pretty realistic maps I think of Deluvas.

hmm well i like making maps that are like zombie escape (as in running down a path) but with also many ways of going to the end, and eventually ending up (if your lucky enough) with a kinda last stand room,

i also like maps with traps, as stated above the bridge is my kinda thing :gmod: although i have no clue how to do it :P

hmm well i like making maps that are like zombie escape (as in running down a path) but with also many ways of going to the end, and eventually ending up (if your lucky enough) with a kinda last stand room,

i also like maps with traps, as stated above the bridge is my kinda thing :gmod: although i have no clue how to do it :P

The bridge type thing would be quite easy to set up, you'd just need to make a pretty intricate wooden type bridge first (individual planks of wood) create the planks separately, tie each one to func_physbox, set that to break on pressure, then just pretty much repeat that untill you get a whole bridge.

(Not sure how well it would perform or how practical it would be if used in a map though)

Thats just a very basic way o how I'd go about it.

That wouldn't work. Break on pressure will break when one person stands on it, not several. It would be slightly possible with a trigger_multiple, and [[logic_random]] (Right entity name?) Although this wouldn't quite depend on alot of pressure, but the more people that go on it the more likely it is to happen.

That wouldn't work. Break on pressure will break when one person stands on it, not several. It would be slightly possible with a trigger_multiple, and [[logic_random]] (Right entity name?) Although this wouldn't quite depend on alot of pressure, but the more people that go on it the more likely it is to happen.

Make lua weight tool, set weight for player.

Done :V

I'm not sure though if it works in MP.

make a map of a large, abandoned ship, stranded on a reef, with holes in the hull

there is a smaller 'infected' ship near it, in which the zombies spawn

sounds like a good idea, but atm im working a a warehouse themed one in the middle of a thunderstorm :D

And 18 minutes pass and the ship is starting to boom and the shake works...

Really good idea.

But make more triggers then. Also make many trigger hurts, cos the ship explodes

add logic_timer for this all.

errm :S the ship was an idea from Evolve XD

:gmod: breakable bridge works :D

its on a cross per person basis

so when 1 person goes from the first end, it removes 6 hp from bridge, and when you get to the other end, it adds 6

so, unless people are being gay and add loads of health to it, thats the only way it seemed to work.....

so, after the bridge im thinking of a tower, ill get a drawn plan of map :D