SDK

FPS Limit  

51 members have voted

1. 1. FPS Limit

• No limit
    • 60 FPS
    • 45 FPS
    • 35 FPS (nope)

I understand the constructive feedback. However I can't see how the limit would make anything worse. It'll just be better for the people who can afford it and the same for the people who can't. 

What Moshpit was saying though, was that people with better PCs own the toptimes anyway. I found that a ridiculous statement. If the limit was 45 for everybody, how could a faster PC possibly give any sort of advantage. Plus, I own several top times and I'm sure most of our regulars have a better PC than I do.

So don't come busting my balls just because your homie doesn't understand the concept of skill.

// Oh and the fact that dinghies don't slide has nothing to do with our server, Taint. Grow up for christ's sake..

Edited by Bandit

Just because you have ~3 top times doesnt mean anything...  Skill is definitely needed true.. but do you think anyone has top times with 30fps?  I dont think so..  So as he (Mosh) stated if you have 60fps vs 40 you have a better chance of getting the top because your computer is faster...  

"You" just dont get it is the problem, your stating a base rate fallacy .. Get on a computer that only can do 40fps  and get on and play when its at 60 for everyone else, then lets see what you say..  Dingies do account for maybe 2% of the maps. You being an admin should know this..  Dingy falls? Dingy falls 2? those might ring a bell...  Yes i know that that is very little, but it isnt much fun when you cant finish a map..  But what are we arguing for its back to 44 anyways..  Sorry that your mad that you cant get your way.  Facts are facts and to keep the server successful you have to do the right thing for "everyone."

Im done with this...

Edited by Taint3d
Hey i came acros this topic to make a joke and now its just a hate thread...... I agree with bandit, people with BETTER pc's and BETTER internet shut be rewarded. Not punished for christ sake........ In the old time's we cald them "slakkers" and most of the people hated then. And now they ar efrywhere....... Just keep the limit and scruw the people who can't keep up. Get an better pc or upgrade you're pc, or get back to console becaus pc's COST MONEY

Yes they cost "lots" of money..

I know this.

http://valid.canardpc.com/2772661

mine cost aboud 1000$ and efrything works great, setings ar on the max and no porblem with what so ever.

the "slakkers" couse broblems don't they?

they overload the server don't they?

the couse bad internet conection don't they?

so why do you suport people who just make thing crash or brake things?

because they ar in your "clan"?

if you want to play desantly start thinking aboud it, you ar not to blamet THEY ar.

so stop suporting them and start hating them, for the loving of the old time's :D

Slakkers? I dont get what you mean. What you speak makes no sense..  My clan mates do just fine and dont slak or lag and all are good drivers so?  What your saying is to hate my friends because they overload the internet with bad connections and this will cause me to have good old times?

Get on a computer that only can do 40fps  and get on and play when its at 60 for everyone else, then lets see what you say..

As I have stated on the server as well - you have to accept the fact that you can't play all games on your computer. You don't expect to play GTA V on a 5-year old PC. Or compete on multiplayer games that make you lag like hell, and then expect everybody else to lower their gameplay. That's my opinion on it - everything can't be fair.

Same goes to the ping - usually people with a ping higher than 200 or smth will lag, I will kick them. They're all over the place and you never know when their spike might randomly hit you, I can't have threats like that on the server. That's also why I kick 10FPS players and such.

Dingies do account for maybe 2% of the maps. You being an admin should know this..  Dingy falls? Dingy falls 2? those might ring a bell... 

I have said this earlier (and I think SDK or somebody else did as well) - dinghies don't work ever since the previous patch. The only way they slide is with like.. FPS at 20-30 or something, so even if we have it at 45, it won't matter.

Just because you have ~3 top times doesnt mean anything...  Skill is definitely needed true.. but do you think anyone has top times with 30fps?  I dont think so..  So as he (Mosh) stated if you have 60fps vs 40 you have a better chance of getting the top because your computer is faster...  

"You" just dont get it is the problem, your stating a base rate fallacy .. Get on a computer that only can do 40fps  and get on and play when its at 60 for everyone else, then lets see what you say..  Dingies do account for maybe 2% of the maps. You being an admin should know this..  Dingy falls? Dingy falls 2? those might ring a bell...  Yes i know that that is very little, but it isnt much fun when you cant finish a map..  But what are we arguing for its back to 44 anyways..  Sorry that your mad that you cant get your way.  Facts are facts and to keep the server successful you have to do the right thing for "everyone."

Im done with this...

i think my brain just exploded

LOL wooozie, to much for ya eh.

Get on a computer that only can do 40fps  and get on and play when its at 60 for everyone else, then lets see what you say..

As I have stated on the server as well - you have to accept the fact that you can't play all games on your computer. You don't expect to play GTA V on a 5-year old PC. Or compete on multiplayer games that make you lag like hell, and then expect everybody else to lower their gameplay. That's my opinion on it - everything can't be fair.

Same goes to the ping - usually people with a ping higher than 200 or smth will lag, I will kick them. They're all over the place and you never know when their spike might randomly hit you, I can't have threats like that on the server. That's also why I kick 10FPS players and such.

Dingies do account for maybe 2% of the maps. You being an admin should know this..  Dingy falls? Dingy falls 2? those might ring a bell... 

I have said this earlier (and I think SDK or somebody else did as well) - dinghies don't work ever since the previous patch. The only way they slide is with like.. FPS at 20-30 or something, so even if we have it at 45, it won't matter.

I totally agree with you on all this! :) Then the question we beg to differ on is whats the low fps limit? 30?  Dingy maps should just go, people with high pings and low fps for some reason fall faster...  

attachicon.gif60fps.jpg

Seriously, i dont see the problem. When you cant run MTA you have a pretty horrible pc. 

Of course you dont, but what if you where a person that plays on mta all the time but just cannot afford to get a better pc..  So then you cannot play the game anymore because everyone else doesnt care about the people that cannot afford a better pc..  To me this is not just a game, its a community. I come to Mr.Greens for the people that play there..  I also come because the server is fun...  If you make the game unfun for people they leave and then the community starts to fall..  Same thing happend to ALW server..  Now no one plays there anymore...

"slakkers"is an old term what was used over the internet, people who play an game beond ther limmits of there pc.

Sorry about my little "flare up."  I dont like it when someone vilipends one of my clan members.  Anywys, I guess do to the game what you will..  I just wont be apart of it.. The same reason why i stoped playing at alw, if the game becomes unplayable for someone then they stop playing.

i tought you where devending one for your "clan"members and my excuses :)

its just the hate that those people have returned in game's and they ar axsepted the's days.......

What country does that belong to then slakkers, iv been trolling since 1995, and have never seen that term used..

This is what slacker means.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacker

So I really have no idea what the hell you are talking about?  Have someone translate what your saying please because im tired of guessing.

attachicon.gif60fps.jpg

Seriously, i dont see the problem. When you cant run MTA you have a pretty horrible pc. 

Of course you dont, but what if you where a person that plays on mta all the time but just cannot afford to get a better pc..  So then you cannot play the game anymore because everyone else doesnt care about the people that cannot afford a better pc..  To me this is not just a game, its a community. I come to Mr.Greens for the people that play there..  I also come because the server is fun...  If you make the game unfun for people they leave and then the community starts to fall..  Same thing happend to ALW server..  Now no one plays there anymore...

"slakkers"is an old term what was used over the internet, people who play an game beond ther limmits of there pc.

Sorry about my little "flare up."  I dont like it when someone vilipends one of my clan members.  Anywys, I guess do to the game what you will..  I just wont be apart of it.. The same reason why i stoped playing at alw, if the game becomes unplayable for someone then they stop playing.

i tought you where devending one for your "clan"members and my excuses :)

its just the hate that those people have returned in game's and they ar axsepted the's days.......

What country does that belong to then slakkers, iv been trolling since 1995, and have never seen that term used..

This is what slacker means.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacker

So I really have no idea what the hell you are talking about?  Have someone translate what your saying please because im tired of guessing.

You can still play the game if you can only go to 45fps, but if you can go to 45fps there is a very big chance you can go to 60fps. Its 15fps for christ sake.

Every time i played (when it was at 60fps) i would hit tab and see what peoples fps where and half would be right around 45-55fps not to many could handle 60 all the time..  Most people would drop into the high 40s to low 50s.  shoulda taken some screen shots.. Thats why I said lets set it to 48 and that way all those people could still hit the max fps limit..   BTW why so angry on this.. Its only 15fps more its just as smooth at 45 as it is at 60 imo.  Then again my pc makes any game feel smooth as silk..

Edited by Taint3d
off topic question: why is the mta community full of retards? i feel depressed.

Well back in ALW's hay day it was only played by People from the U.S and Canada, now its filled with kids from every crevice and crack of the world...   Plush google translate doesnt help much... 

It was way smoother at 60fps.  But as someone mentioned earlier its not the fps CAP that causes the problems, it is the people who are on with 5 to 20fps that get in everyone's way.  Even the people who are still learning how to drive.  What would be lovely is a way to auto kick people who are not at say a minimum fps of about 30.

And how many fps you are at DOES matter.  Ask redline.  He used to be at 46fps all the time even though the server is capped at 45.  Straight lines in an infernus...full speed, he would pull out in front of everyone.  So just 1 fps does matter.

But as someone mentioned earlier its not the fps CAP that causes the problems, it is the people who are on with 5 to 20fps that get in everyone's way.  Even the people who are still learning how to drive.  What would be lovely is a way to auto kick people who are not at say a minimum fps of about 30.

If I'm not mistaken, we already tried that. The FPS-get system was quite crap though and not a reliable source for an auto-kick. For example some maps have places where even the fastest PCs get 5 FPS (bugs and such) so it wouldn't really be reliable at all.

And Taint - 60 FPS compared to 45 is smooooooooooooooth. Like a newborn baby's butt.

I guess you could try it out yourself - set your FPS to 30 and then 45.. HUGE difference.

But as someone mentioned earlier its not the fps CAP that causes the problems, it is the people who are on with 5 to 20fps that get in everyone's way.  Even the people who are still learning how to drive.  What would be lovely is a way to auto kick people who are not at say a minimum fps of about 30.

If I'm not mistaken, we already tried that. The FPS-get system was quite crap though and not a reliable source for an auto-kick. For example some maps have places where even the fastest PCs get 5 FPS (bugs and such) so it wouldn't really be reliable at all.

And Taint - 60 FPS compared to 45 is smooooooooooooooth. Like a newborn baby's butt.

I guess you could try it out yourself - set your FPS to 30 and then 45.. HUGE difference.

30 is a big difference . because its half of 60, you eyes cannot notice a difference around 50fps so at 45 its so close that it woulnt even be noticeable ..  To me i guess it just seemed like the game changed in its characteristics but as far as smooth goes it wasnt huge it was alittle bit different but not much.  Also the lowest iv seen my fps go down is to like 40 never laged much under that..   The thing i notice on 45fps vs 60 is road textures seemed smoother...  But hey everyones system is different  what myn does isnt going to be the same as yours...  Myn has been the smoothest its ever played since i put my new cpu in..  Who knows nvidia vs ati drivers could cause differences too..

Also you make it for lets say 1min and if your fps doesnt go above that in 1 min then you get kicked and it will tell you to lower your settings.

Edited by Taint3d
30 is a big difference . because its half of 60, you eyes cannot notice a difference around 50fps so at 45 its so close that it woulnt even be noticeable .. 

Actually the human eye can't make a big difference past 60. So 45 and 60 is as big of a difference as 30 and 45.