Mr. Green Gaming

Digging your own grave.

Don't be lame to flame me. I want criticism, no "He's a fagg".

Please reply here and not at your own forums. Since I don't got the time to check multiple forums all the time.

Read this before reading everything else: I'm not pissed at not "getting" KillaZSS. If I was I would post it here. I just think we were a better solution for them to survive. And it won't survive for long at WIN SERVARS. And this is an opinion. I could be wrong. Also, I'm not pissed at WIN SERVERS or Stoned Potatoes. I wish both the best with their ZS servers.

Hi everyone,

I'll use this topic to make a one-time blog about my look at the recent developments in the European Zombie Survival scene. Replies are very welcome :) .

You might think, recent developments? Did I miss something? Well, you kinda did. As you might know the European Zombie Survival scene existed of 3 different communities/servers. KillaZSS, Stoned Potatoes and Mr. Green. Yes, I repeat existed. A week ago Killa.at announced through their Steam group and forums that their ZS server will be put off-line due to not having enough time and donations. Ok, that can happen. I mean, communities start and die. It's almost an everyday happening. However, KillaZSS was the second most popular European ZS server. A server like that shouldn't stop because of those reasons. Their community also tried to get the server ran by someone else (with the same edited game mode).

Even I started talking with Killa.at about taking KillaZSS over. You'll probably think that's it's better for us when their server will go off-line. That's partially right. Of course would probably get more players. But players that just play at our community because there's no better place (except Stoned Potatoes server, which I will talk about later). What if we could give them their own "known" server (from KillaZSS). Separate from Mr. Green (own forums and such). We'll update the game mode with the ideas from the community (and not our own ideas). Wouldn't that be great? I thought it was. But of course we weren't the only community that was interested. There was another community named WIN SERVARS. Acronym developed their own game mode named Zombified World. I never played on it, so I won't say anything about that. However, WIN SERVARS is a new community, which had kinda the same people from KillaZSS. While I was talking to Killa.at he told me that he thinks we weren't reliable. He thinks we would steal pieces of code from KillaZSS's game mode and put it into the Mr. Green's server. That's just strange... as far as I know our server got the most and best features. Ok, some people don't like our balance and such, that's why we wanted a separate server of course). We from Mr. Green got the most experience from all other European Zombie Survival-like game modes, and we run the no. 1 European ZS server. So I suppose everyone could say that's the best place KillaZSS could have been. However, Killa.at thought something else and the game mode went to WIN SERVARS. Ok, not a big problem or so. He could try it, right? And now people seem to realise it, they lost 75% of their players thanks to the moved host, whilst not redirecting right and stuff. Also, the current KillaZSS game mode is broken (their ranks system isn't moved yet).

Ok, we still have the no. 3 European Zombie Survival server. Stoned Potatoes is founded & owned by Flyberius. Their current average players on the server is around 4. Really... they should be (and I suppose they are) happy when they got 10 players in their server. They did got more players in the past. But they all probably left due to they update their game mode slowly and with no unique features.

Where is the top 3 European ZS servers? Why do we got players and they don't? What if we would've taken over KillaZSS and made it even better, without waiting on Fizzadar for fixing the ranks.

Too bad these other communities die slowly. And I (yes... IT'S AN OPINION!) expect that WIN SERVARS, because in my eyes their organisation isn't good, will also die slowly in the future, just like Stoned Potatoes.

Thanks for reading and as I already stated, feel free to comment.

Edit

Removed some acronyms. They weren't meant to be direct insults. I'm sorry :) .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would just like to say that we did not lose too many of our players. Although the old server shut down faster than we could have hoped, which means that we can't redirect people, The server had 24 slots (Out of 26) filled yesterday. Then, because the old global ban system went with the old server, we had some problems with hackers crashing the server about 5 - 10 times (At one point, held the server down for 15 minutes constantly) Banned as many IDs and IPs as we could find from the forums (Killazss.com), and the server should be stable now.

We are going to keep developing the gamemode, although we are having problems negociating with the game server hoster about having an SQL database onsite, as it lags far too much from distance to hold the rank database. We still regarly have over 20 players (Although this is not a hit on what it was before the shutdown) but is still decent enough to try as hard as possible to keep the gameserver alive.

There have been numerous issues with the new features, such as the votemap breaking, but hopefully Fizzadar (Owner of the WIN SERVARS) will fix this soon. There will still be three European ZS servers, hopefully two with decent playercounts.

I would like to comment on your statement about taking over the killas zs server.

Now, if Killa aggreed with you, and you/we eventually would take over their servers, then we might face the following problems:

1. The server died due to lag of donations. You wanted to run a seperat server free of the mr. green community. Do you think the players at killas would change their mind and eventually donate, just because it gets taken over? I assume you have the money to run it, but if it turns out to be a bad business, then it's not worth it.

2. I don't know how much time you have on your hand, but running two seperate communities with each its' own servr chews up alot of time. Then you have to update and update all the time, takes time, and that's what killas didnt have. If you would have well, all the green servers plus the killas, would you then have time? Consider. If you have the time to keep the servers clean players would be happy, and donate $$ (

I never saw much in taking over KillaZS in the way you mentioned, there's no point in hosting an entirely separate community, even if the donations do get redirected to us. That'll end up being too disorganised and can probably put more pressure on us than we can handle. I wish the best for the other European ZS communities, but if they can't hold out, it's not up to us to prey on the remains.

On a less serious note: go go Mr. Green ZS! :gmod:

Aren't you forgetting Noxious? I know the server is a bit of failure, and maybe I'm wrong in this, because it's US *I think, I lagg at they're server*, but it was, as I recall, the maker of the original ZS.

And indeed, so far, the Mr-Green server is going strong for many years, whilest the rest of the servers slowly dies due lack of organisation, donations, players ect.

Maybe they just have to give up, and make Mr-Green the top ZS server. Which I think it already is. But to do this, it has to be actively fonded with donations, upgrades, fixes, and plenty of players. And seemingly, as I see the progress that Mr-Green has undertaken, it will archive just that.

That was my personal argumenting message. Or w/e.

Aren't you forgetting Noxious? I know the server is a bit of failure, and maybe I'm wrong in this, because it's US *I think, I lagg at they're server*, but it was, as I recall, the maker of the original ZS.

And indeed, so far, the Mr-Green server is going strong for many years, whilest the rest of the servers slowly dies due lack of organisation, donations, players ect.

Maybe they just have to give up, and make Mr-Green the top ZS server. Which I think it already is. But to do this, it has to be actively fonded with donations, upgrades, fixes, and plenty of players. And seemingly, as I see the progress that Mr-Green has undertaken, it will archive just that.

That was my personal argumenting message. Or w/e.

'achieve' :P

The reason Ywa only talks about Stoned Potatoes and KillaZS is because those are the only other European Zombie Survival servers. Most American players stick to Noxious and GU.

I'm not pissed at not getting at KillaZSS. Not at all. But I still think there was a better way for KSS to survive.

@ QwertyMaster (posted something @ WIN forums): I'm not trying to insult WIN SERVARS. I'm just saying that due to lack of organisation (in my opinion) is won't be always win.

I'm not pissed at not getting at KillaZSS. Not at all. But I still think there was a better way for KSS to survive.

@ QwertyMaster (posted something @ WIN forums): I'm not trying to insult WIN SERVARS. I'm just saying that due to lack of organisation (in my opinion) is won't be always win.

maybe there was, but as you wrote:

While I was talking to Killa.at he told me that he thinks we weren't reliable. He thinks we would steal pieces of code from KillaZSS's game mode and put it into the Mr. Green's server.

He doesn't think we're reliable, he thinks we're a bunch of thives. Then we honestly own him nothing, thus not saying I don't agree with you about it could have survived if we took it over, but the owner did aparently not care enough about his community to hand it over to us.

What a shame for him.

They are actually "stalking" Left4Green?

They don't. I just posted this to show my opinion about the slowly disappearing European ZS scene.

Monopoly is always good, though we don't have anyone to compare us with.

Monopoly isn't good.

That's rubbisch. Should be best if they post a message here with they're opinion, then "spy" on us.

'rubbish'

Install firefox dictionary :P

Ontopic:

Ywa did not imply to insult any of the other communities. Please excuse us for any misinterpretations, English will always remain our second language and not our first :)

They don't. I just posted this to show my opinion about the slowly disappearing European ZS scene.

Monopoly isn't good.

I rather have some competition too, yeah. Without competition the quality standard won't rise.

Killa's didn't end due to lack of donations. High server costs, mixed with Killa not having enough time to keep the gamemode updated were the real reasons it had to end. The server cost over 100 Euros a month, which is considerably more than you guys have to pay, since you know the hoster (I heard)

Garry's constant gamebreaking updates really pissed Killa off, and he is probably going to Collage // University soon, so He can't keep taking money from his personal savings // not putting any money in because of server costs.

That's rubbisch. Should be best if they post a message here with they're opinion, then "spy" on us.

'rubbish'

Install firefox dictionary :P

Ontopic:

Ywa did not imply to insult any of the other communities. Please excuse us for any misinterpretations, English will always remain our second language and not our first :)

Monopoly isn't good.

I rather have some competition too, yeah. Without competition the quality standard won't rise.

I puke on Firefox.

And it does improve my English. A bit :V

The server cost over 100 Euros a month, which is considerably more than you guys have to pay, since you know the hoster (I heard)

Even if we just hired a dedicated server it would cost less (without knowing the hoster good). And we do pay enough for everything. It's not like we get everything for free.

I am glad we did not move here, and instead Killa.at decided to give the gamemode to Fizzadar.

Most of the regulars and donators do know (well in "internets" terms") Fizzadar, Dynamo and Pie_Tony from the early days of the old server, so WINSERVAS is the best new home for the killazs gamemode.

I am glad we did not move here, and instead Killa.at decided to give the gamemode to Fizzadar.

Just because I made this topic/thread. Right? Just because I'm a little bit critical?

"I'm giving a bit of critique?"

I'm feeling like an English teacher here :V

Most of the regulars and donators do know (well in "internets" terms") Fizzadar, Dynamo and Pie_Tony from the early days of the old server, so WINSERVAS is the best new home for the killazs gamemode.

Reminds me of how Stoned Potatoes was created by ex-Mr. Green players :). Fleming was admin on our server once.

Just because I made this topic/thread. Right? Just because I'm a little bit critical?

I am sorry, I am not sure if i follow you. I do not understand what you are trying to say with this post...

Please rephrase?

I am sorry, I am not sure if i follow you. I do not understand what you are trying to say with this post...

Please rephrase?

Why do you think it was not a good solution? Just because I'm giving a bit of critique?

Thanks Clavus :')

Please rephrase?

Are you plain stupuid or what?

Also, did you only mention it because Ywa was a bit criticaly?

Is the only reason why you've come here to our forum; is that because you wanna gloat about you getting the "oh so great honor" to get Killas game mode?

Please rephrase?

Why do you think it was not a good solution? Just because I'm giving a bit of critique?

Thanks Clavus :')

Of course NOT because of your criticisms. Criticizing is good. Well, you want reasons:

1. You raped (ok, raped it is a harsh word. maybe "modified a lot" i should say) the original ZS 1.x and you renamed it as YOUR game mode.

2. I don't "know" any of you guys, but I know Fizz, Dyn, and Pie_tony

3. I dont like at all your version of ZS (very imbalanced imho, and this could be a whole new topic to discuss but lets not do it now) and if there is a slight possibility that you might alter killa's code, "frightens" me. But maybe you would be fair and not alter it at all, but I, personally do not know that. That's why i feel that the game mode is safer under fizz.

Maybe more will cross my mind later, but I'm going drinking beers in a while. I will post later if necessary.