Mr. Green Gaming

Factions 2.0

Clavus

We've been stuck on the old Factions 1.6 branch for a while now. On the next map, we'll move to Factions 2.0. It's a complete rewrite, build from the ground up. Some features are added, and some seem to have been removed. More info here:

http://www.massivecraft.com/factions

Notable changes:

• You can no longer use just 'f' in chat for commands, you need to use '/f'.
  • You can now set per player and per faction access to your claimed chunks.
  • Besides enemy / ally / neutral, there is now also the 'truce' faction relation. They're basically like allies in our old plugin setup. The allies in Factions 2.0 have full access to your faction terrain and chests, so pick your friends wisely.
  • Money system. I'll have to see if we'll do anything with it.

I had to update some of my own plugins to work with the new Factions plugin, I'll have to check if everything works accordingly.

Hey! For the next map can we please bring back pearls to default? and enchants limits removed asvell? and ofc, no public end.

I went on the server and played for a while and im dying for the new map. But if these things are still in the game i will probably quit playing in a couple weeks.

Please no modifications or limits this next map! You haven't tried a default setup since the server was Successfull.

Edited by marcus6x6
Hey! For the next map can we please bring back pearls to default? and enchants limits removed asvell? and ofc, no public end.

I went on the server and plaid for a while and im dying for the new map. But if these things are still in the game i will probably quit playing in a couple weeks.

Please no modifications or limits this next map! You haven't tried a default setup since the server was Successfull.

^^

Totally would like to join marcus

Yey, I always loved the factions 2.0 :) This'll get people back for sure :)

Are you joking? This is like, exactly the kind of thing everyone keeps complaining about. People like vanilla minecraft factions, or as close to it as you can get. In my opinion, bringing economy into the server is a really bad idea, and is completely different to what makes the server enjoyable. I can see it becoming a shitty pay to win server, just like dancraft and all the other donator-dominated servers.

Are you joking? This is like, exactly the kind of thing everyone keeps complaining about. People like vanilla minecraft factions, or as close to it as you can get. In my opinion, bringing economy into the server is a really bad idea, and is completely different to what makes the server enjoyable. I can see it becoming a shitty pay to win server, just like dancraft and all the other donator-dominated servers.

I think economy is a good idea, if we wont have it people will act like this:

Weehh I just started this game and I am 12 I can't find any blaze rods and nether warts D: ... Wait, lets grief or kickkill people to get stuff. Oh we so smart!

And thats what I hate the most from this server

[Totally needs an lock for kinds under 14 :V]

Is there something wrong with you? Instead of attacking someone's reaction you could also read the original post

• Money system. I'll have to see if we'll do anything with it

Why would we ever turn the server into a mass donation server? First of all, what some servers do is illegal, if they would've checked the terms and conditions of minecraft the would've known that it is illegal to sell any product or item of minecraft itself for money and generating an income by selling stuff of mojang. Problem is, only Mojang is in it's right to sew these people and I don't think they even care that much.

I think economy is a good idea, if we wont have it people will act like this:

Weehh I just started this game and I am 12 I can't find any blaze rods and nether warts D: ... Wait, lets grief or kickkill people to get stuff. Oh we so smart!

And thats what I hate the most from this server

[Totally needs an lock for kinds under 14 :V]

People that can't find shit are more likely to join other people imo, haven't seen a 12 year old out smart another 12 year old yet.

Another thing I noticed: there is no longer private faction chat in Factions 2.0. I think that's bullshit so I installed the FactionChat plugin, which brings it back. The only difference is that you now have to use '/fc' to switch channel (or use shortcuts like "/fc f" (faction), "/fc a" (ally) and "/fc p" (public).

Is there something wrong with you? Instead of attacking someone's reaction you could also read the original post

• Money system. I'll have to see if we'll do anything with it

Why would we ever turn the server into a mass donation server? First of all, what some servers do is illegal, if they would've checked the terms and conditions of minecraft the would've known that it is illegal to sell any product or item of minecraft itself for money and generating an income by selling stuff of mojang. Problem is, only Mojang is in it's right to sew these people and I don't think they even care that much.

Sue*

Also before the comments come raining in about the faction player limit (max 4 per faction) I imposed: I want to see if you guys can start using the alliance system more smartly. If you were planning on create a big faction, split up and create a chain of alliances. In Factions 2.0 allies can build on your land and access your chests (the 'old' ally behaviour is now having a 'truce').

It'd be a lot like having a big faction, difference being that you have a clear role / subgroup you're part of within the alliance. You could split up your members into factions specifically for food gathering, mining, hunting mobs, building, etc. And by using the alliance chat you can still talk privately.