Mr. Green Gaming

Ideas for the Minecraft Server

Hey guys,

the server is a bit dead, and the hope is given up a bit, so I thought: Lets make a "Develop" topic where players their ideas can be posted and where we can discuss about what has to be added to the server and what has to be removed. I've got a few ideas, and wrote them down below.

Here are some ideas:

1. Make a own Original kind of (Mini)game, or make a paintball or CoD server

2. Give people about 200GC a week when they are active for lets say 25 hours a week. (this idea is for when the hope is really given up :P )

3. Make a wall (Or something like that) Where people can post their ideas to improve the server, new players mostly havent got a forum account, so they cant post things, at the end of the month (Or longer) people can vote for the 3 best ideas, and then they might come in the server. (Im not the guy who decides that, so Kod or Red has to do that and think about this idea)

This werent the best ideas, and there will be (hopefully) more ideas from other players.

And as I already said; Im not the one who decides if those things will happen or not, thats all about RedGander or Kodauer. (I hope they agree)

This is it for now, please post your ideas to improve the server, so we can hopefully improve the server a bit.

for so far, this is it.

-jillesstijn64

Edited by jillesstijn64

1. An original minigame was in the works by RedGander, but he's since lost interest in developing stuff for the server. Hiring an external dev would cost hundreds of dollars for a minigame. 

2. I had many ideas for implementing greencoins into the server, including an in-game shop GUI, rewards for mining, woocutting, etc, and rewards for events. These have all been nulled by the fact that the GC database was lost + the way GC are used are being changed. In any case I really don't see GC being used on the server anytime soon, without Clavus as our dev. 

3. There's a polling system. We just have to find stuff worth voting on :V

Anyways the server's future is indeed dismal. Minecraft has evolved into something that kids exploit for money. Even players favor "OP giv donor R@nk$" servers over legit servers. As I stated on the temporary forums, I'm only going to be active when I have the time, so updates are going to come a lot slower. 

I'll list a couple upcoming changes/thoughts though, for the 1.8 update: 

• Dropping the 'lobby/network' idea. Players will by default join the factions server. The PvP practice server and FFA will remain, using the same commands as before (/pvp, /ffa). The creative server will also be accessible.
  • Keeping all enchant/potion limits for factions. They worked out well - tons of PvP.
  • Keeping increased ore spawn rates
  • Addition of HD dynmap to factions
  • Somewhat larger map size
  • Keeping markers/pearls
  • Removal of punch II bows from PvP practice
  • PvP contests moved to once a month. 

Potential stuff: 

• Automatic "Star Cache" events. Whenever player-count hits 30-40, a countdown will begin (5 minutes or so). When the timer runs out, loot will spawn in designated chests (armor, materials, potions, etc). This encourages PvP/fighting over resources.
  • /spawn command?
  • TBD

Anyways feel free to discuss anything you want. I'm open to more suggestions. :)

I'd like the /spawn command, and I knew I didnt have the best ideas (I already mentioned that above), also, soup-pvp could be an idea. I'd like to see an arena like Tribalmind made, at spawn, a little thing where you can fight, it attracts people. (Idk why tho, you can also fight outside spawn, but people prefer an arena like that). and about the polls, polls are something different, because then you vote for one idea, if we have a wall or something, all ideas can contribute, and there are more ideas, polls are mostly the ideas from admins, and there can be good ideas, and you make a poll from the top 3 best ideas

Edited by jillesstijn64

1. An original minigame was in the works by RedGander, but he's since lost interest in developing stuff for the server. Hiring an external dev would cost hundreds of dollars for a minigame. 

2. I had many ideas for implementing greencoins into the server, including an in-game shop GUI, rewards for mining, woocutting, etc, and rewards for events. These have all been nulled by the fact that the GC database was lost + the way GC are used are being changed. In any case I really don't see GC being used on the server anytime soon, without Clavus as our dev. 

3. There's a polling system. We just have to find stuff worth voting on :V

Anyways the server's future is indeed dismal. Minecraft has evolved into something that kids exploit for money. Even players favor "OP giv donor R@nk$" servers over legit servers. As I stated on the temporary forums, I'm only going to be active when I have the time, so updates are going to come a lot slower. 

I'll list a couple upcoming changes/thoughts though, for the 1.8 update: 

• Dropping the 'lobby/network' idea. Players will by default join the factions server. The PvP practice server and FFA will remain, using the same commands as before (/pvp, /ffa). The creative server will also be accessible.
  • Keeping all enchant/potion limits for factions. They worked out well - tons of PvP.
  • Keeping increased ore spawn rates
  • Addition of HD dynmap to factions
  • Somewhat larger map size
  • Keeping markers/pearls
  • Removal of punch II bows from PvP practice
  • PvP contests moved to once a month. 

Potential stuff: 

• Automatic "Star Cache" events. Whenever player-count hits 30-40, a countdown will begin (5 minutes or so). When the timer runs out, loot will spawn in designated chests (armor, materials, potions, etc). This encourages PvP/fighting over resources.
  • /spawn command?
  • TBD

Anyways feel free to discuss anything you want. I'm open to more suggestions. :)IUI

I'd like to see something like that on the pvp server, when the player-count hits 30-40 a countdown will begin and you will have to type /war to join, when the timer runs out you will be tp'd to an arena and it will be this huge fight (red vs blue). The team who first eliminates the other team will win. People can use whatever stuff they want from the kits they've made.

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess a larger map wouldn't help. 

Are there any ideas to discourage people sitting in their bases, and instead go out to PvP? I think that's one of the main probelms. That and getting gear. 

Also might add easier ways to get potions. Something like another server I saw; using a "staff" of speed, which has a cooldown. Seemed pretty cool. 

Can be a texture, nope.

lol, no texture m8, just shedders faithful 1.6.4, there you havent got those blocks, a creeper blew up, and those blocks appeared, very strange, but its true...

I started this thing about those stoneslaps, and now I'd like to end it, before the whole topic is a discussion about this....

post-14569-0-88102300-1407575382_thumb.p

Edited by jillesstijn64

Remember that map when you blew up my skybase kod? That map we had this pirate ship right next to spawn, it kept spawning cave spiders and you had to fight you're way through to get to the chest with the good loot. Maybe have something like this once everyday that would make all the factions come to spawn and fight over it.

Remember that map when you blew up my skybase kod? That map we had this pirate ship right next to spawn, it kept spawning cave spiders and you had to fight you're way through to get to the chest with the good loot. Maybe have something like this once everyday that would make all the factions come to spawn and fight over it.

I talked to RedGander last night and the star cache idea is now in development! Additionally, we will add some kind of dungeon/parkour for factions to go through somewhere on the map, as you suggested - with rewards. 

Dont make it markable, there will be no fights, and hackers can fly there and take away the loot

Not if the no-cheat plugin is working.

You can still fly a few blocks, and if you reconnect all the time, you will get there

And people won't notice that? I'm pretty sure they have the time to open their recording software our take a screenshot if the hacker keeps reconnecting.

Dont make it markable, there will be no fights, and hackers can fly there and take away the loot

You can still fly a few blocks, and if you reconnect all the time, you will get there

And people won't notice that? I'm pretty sure they have the time to open their recording software our take a screenshot if the hacker keeps reconnecting.

Thats true, now end of discussion, back on topic :)

There will be safeguards in place, no need to worry about marks and such.

Will this happen next map, or soon this map already, btw, if you need any help, ask me, Ill help you whenever I can ;)

I havent got any other ideas... Maybe other playeds do, post them in the comments if you got one pls :3

Ohh and Red, why isnt ur name blue?...

Edited by jillesstijn64

Uh, this shouldn't be possible? Nocheat is 100% activated this map and flying doesn't work.