Mr. Green Gaming

Modified game files

Drumzzy, how big is your install folder minus any set-up files?

As a comparison, my version was installed off DVD media (full installation, patched), consisting of 416 files and 34 folders totalling 4.68 GB:

Main folder (15 MB)

anim (269 MB)

audio (3.23 GB)

data (20.0 MB)

models (1.11 GB)

movies (24.1 MB)

ReadMe (34.5 KB)

text (3.68 MB)

Edited by Quad_Tube

I've never tried the Steam version of GTA San Andreas. Some of the latest user reviews are highly critical, on account of the November, 2014 patch purportedly rendering the game unplayable. Here's one such review dated January, 2015:

[user Name redacted]This isn't the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas i know from 2005!
Don't BUY this GAME, waste of money, Rockstar updated it to a crap ported version of the mobile(android) version to the steam.

And with that, the game is full of bugs, glitches and is unplayable, i can't even pass the first mission because of the mouse bug.

And because of this update, they removed 18 songs from the original version, including, ozzy, james brown, bob marley and many others!

Go play retail or the pirated version instead, and for those who won a copy of this crap port from androids by Buying the pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V, just hide this game on your library and write a review saying that you hated this version!

My review is 0/10.

DON'T BUY THIS GAME!
Edited by Quad_Tube

I've never tried the Steam version of GTA San Andreas. Some of the latest user reviews are highly critical, on account of the November, 2014 patch purportedly rendering the game unplayable. Here's one such review dated January, 2015:

[user Name Redacted]This isn't the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas i know from 2005!
Don't BUY this GAME, waste of money, Rockstar updated it to a crap ported version of the mobile(android) version to the steam.

And with that, the game is full of bugs, glitches and is unplayable, i can't even pass the first mission because of the mouse bug.

And because of this update, they removed 18 songs from the original version, including, ozzy, james brown, bob marley and many others!

Go play retail or the pirated version instead, and for those who won a copy of this crap port from androids by Buying the pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V, just hide this game on your library and write a review saying that you hated this version!

My review is 0/10.

DON'T BUY THIS GAME!

Yes, but you are required to downgrade it anyway, so that wouldn't really matter.

I'm running the steam version, never had a problem with it.

Much better then to go download from dodgy websites with change to download a modded version.

Edited by KaliBwoy
  • 2 weeks later...

lol sanadreas.exe process with skype icon.

I use a torrent downloaded game and its fully original. Had to replace the exe file for a crack and then modified it again so it works with asi files. I always get a warning at the MTA start but if I dont use those .asi files my streaming memory sucks so hard a cant play the game.