Mr. Green Gaming

Payload server map cycle

Hi,

a lot of people dislike the plr_pipeline map and therfore I'm asking you to delete this map from the cycle.

I'm playing almost everyday and that map causes me to leave the server, because it is no fun.

Feel free everybody to join my petition.

PS: I have donated, please listen to me! :P

I like plr_pipeline. It's a something else then always pushing the cart, it's racing the cart!

But I do agree on Cranetop. It sucks ass. Maybe the Topcrew should consider a new map for replacing Cranetop.

But all the things said above are my opinion, and I usually play like 80% on the Arena server, then the Payload server.

Cranetop is a great map that rewards the attacking team for taking initiative. I dislike plr_pipeline somewhat too, but that's more because of the simple look.

Anyway, both maps stay in the cycle. We ain't turning in no 24/7 goldrush.

Don't forget badwater :o

Cranetop is a great map that rewards the attacking team for taking initiative. I dislike plr_pipeline somewhat too, but that's more because of the simple look.

Anyway, both maps stay in the cycle. We ain't turning in no 24/7 goldrush.

Don't forget badwater :o

It was symbolic :rolleyes:

Don't mind pipeline, if I'm being honest, but maybe that's because I've not played it that much. Makes a change from the monotony of Goldrush anyway.

Cranetop is appalling, but it gives us chance to get on the server when it's busy as everyone leaves so I say keep it ;)

Pipeline is cool. Especially for demomen, they can get on high places everywhere and look through the walls.

I think it's just that it takes a long time for a round to end. Though in my opinion that just adds opportunities for proper planning and strategies. Except for the last stage.

Cranetop on the other hand is... meh (Again, Demomen-campers like me can go all the way up the crane and shoot stickies to the BLU spawn). It's not that bad though, but I think the difficulties for BLU and RED aren't really balanced in the first stages. The last stage is nice, especially the big open space.

By the way, why do so many people dislike Pipeline? I mean:

- As an engineer, you have space to put your sentry without it getting destroyed before you even finish it. The reason is probably that there's no time limit. In a lot of maps, the area is kind of small, and your sentry may even be damaged on accident, while in big places, enemies see your sentries coming and just keep shooting rockets at it till it is destroyed. In Pipeline, there are many safe spots, where opponents have to get trough your teammates first before they can properly shoot your sentry.

- It's a paradise for a Spy. Not because you can get an enemy Scout to follow you and when he gets through the fence that only opens from one side, run back so the Scout is on the other side and can't go back (though that is fun), but there is a lot space, for a Spy to just cloak and watch, without bumping in others the whole time.

- Both teams have the same goal, so when you win, you know your team is better than the other.

The only downside is setup time. Yesterday I was killed twice in setup time, once by a demoman shooting grenades over the gates, and once by a Pyro, burning me through the fence. I also got killed by stickies on the other side of the gate...