Mr. Green Gaming

Dead's Application

Dead

Recently I've been playing a lot in the Left4Green Zombie Panic server, and I've found it to be a very good server. Lot's of players, good map rotation and no bad custom maps.

Only bad thing about the server is the disabled votekicking. Today I've seen three speedhackers playing and ruining everyone elses fun. Not to mention some people blocking doors or playing music through their voice chat. The worst part is that there is no admins around, not once I have seen them playing. Something has to be done, so he's my application:

Gameserver: Mr.Green ZPS #1

Who am I?

I'm a Finnish sixth form student, currently emphasising on mathematical subjects (Math, physics, chemistry) but more than that I concentrate on music. Another one of my hobbies is sport. I played hockey for twelve years, and was the captain for two, and assisting for three years. Although I quit it two years a go, I still excersise a lot.

Zombie Panic

I started playing Zombie Panic:Source one a half years ago, and I still enjoy it just as much as in the beginning. Over the time I've seen lots of server and players, and Mr.Green server is probably the best I've seen. Excluding a few players, most of them are really funny, have good sportmanship, and truly play for the team. Unfortunately this server lacks admins, but hopefully this is about to change.

Why would I be a good admin?

Due to the sport backround I've really learnt the proper way of behavior when being in charge. I'm very calm and reasonable, which is why I was chosen to be the captain in the first place. Also have very good sportmanship while playing online. I don't camp in ZPO (Objective oriented, camping doesn't help at all, only gives lots of kills), I share ammo and weapons and tell newbies what to do. I'm also an active mic user, so I'm used to good communication while playing.

So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I see. Well, until then, see you around.

Though it helps being "friends" with other people. We do want social/friendly admins.

You mean admins aren't supposed to be misanthropes who ban on sight? I wonder if I should reconsider my application. All the fun's being taken away.

I see. Well, until then, see you around.
Though it helps being "friends" with other people. We do want social/friendly admins.

You mean admins aren't supposed to be misanthropes who ban on sight? I wonder if I should reconsider my application. All the fun's being taken away.

If you are serious,

Then I would do that.

As im 14 years old, and i never were admin, i know that admin business, as i call it, is not fun. For example. If you will use spammed weapons that were used by console, that would be fun only for you. If you will give guns to others or your friends, then others will ask: "PLEASE! PLEASE! CAN YOU GIVE ME THE SAME GUN?". Thats the way to make the server worster, and no one will come to server. Fun? Forget!

No kidding? The reason I'm applying is because for the sake of the common fun. Because there are no admins or votekick command, the selfish players who either cheat, exploit, disconnect when they die as a survivor (Makes them zombies) and reconnect for the next round to start, or simply hog lots of weapons and hole up in some vent and wait for everyone else to die so they can et dozens of kill with no effort. These players ruin the fun of others. I know the actual administrating isn't supposed to be fun, it's serious business, but the good enviroment it creates is much more enjoyable than it currently it.

And trust me, I don't find goofing around with spawning fun at all. Or munchkin, even. For example when there's not enough players, I ask everyone not to use rifles, revolvers and shotguns if there's not many players, since that would make it far too easy for the survivors. Zombos are supposed to have fun, too.

Besides, the game is much more fun when you can really expect to die if a zombie jumps on you.

So you wanted to make a common fun as... Well, when there will be not enough people and others will use rifles. You will disable rifles? U know that there is no ammo regeneration as in zs, right? And if you carry many weapons you ran lower, right? So why should you disable rifles? Also hacking and cheating is impossible on normal server as on green's. The VAC was always seen on hl2dm mods. Questions? :<

Btw... I dont ignore you :) , just critics

So you wanted to make a common fun as... Well, when there will be not enough people and others will use rifles. You will disable rifles? U know that there is no ammo regeneration as in zs, right? And if you carry many weapons you ran lower, right? So why should you disable rifles? Also hacking and cheating is impossible on normal server as on green's. The VAC was always seen on hl2dm mods. Questions? :<

Hacking and cheating isn't impossible at all; New exploits and hacks get found/developed every day.

Yes mayco, its sad that that is true.

whats so fun about hacking, exploiting? you ruin others fun.

But i played ZPS for a while and its really fun but it gets awful when there are no admins, sometimes people ask : Is there a admin here?

Reply: No.

And the guy who asks start speedhaxx0ring or exploiting or being a ass etc etc. and ruining the game.

So i say that a admin on the ZPS server is needed. :)

I wouldn't force them not to use them, just ask them not to. And yes, there's not infinite ammo and yes, carrying a lot does slow you down. Still it with two rifles and full ammo one player can take all the zombies alone with no sweat. There is no chance for the zombies. Zombie Panic is supposed to be played with enough players so zombies have enough lives and reinforcements.

Dunno, valve made a good protection, remembering a hack that stoled their 2.500.000.000$ (not small ammount?). Now valve discovers all the hack systems and protects the whole steam games and steam community.

You ARE aware that Valve can't protect their games from a specific hack BEFORE it comes out?

Also, that hacker didn't steal "2.500.000.000$" from Valve, but he stole the credit card data stored on their servers, and spent $13.000.000 by using the stolen credit card data.

Not really. There's plenty of ammo and weapons in the map. If there's less than 8 players, I'm guaranteed to get rifle with full ammo if I want to (With the exeption of ZPS_Town. Awesome map, to be honest). And every survivor will have such firepower, which leaves one starting zombie and survivors capable of dealing 3+ zombies alone. Each one of them. It's not fun to be that one zombie.

Good thing is, the Mr.Green sever is usually quite crowded.

• 3 months later...