Mr. Green Gaming

New maps in TF2 PL

New maps in TF2 PL...?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. VOTEVOTEVOTEVOTE

• Yes
    • No

Hey, I was thinking for quite some time now, and I think lots of people agree on this one, I think it's time to add/replace/remove maps in TF2 pl.

Here are the following reasons:

- Lots of people complain about the lack in maps, quality in maps. There is also a lack in replay.

- There are 5 maps. Most people don't like pl_crane, and plr_pipeline, and especially pl_hoodoo.

My suggestion is to (as said above) add, replace, and remove maps in TF2.

Maybe take a look at the selection of maps available in FPSbanana:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/3440?mn=1...id&sort=asc

Edited by Botervloot
Totaly agree. But Ywa should add like 5 new maps and remove pipeline.

After 1 month a new pack of 5 maps should be in the cycle and so on.

Botervloot a pool ?

That last sentence makes no sence.

Well, each month a new pack is shit. You will run out of maps soon, and I think it's better to have quality maps, then quantity maps.

I would say:

- Remove pl_hoodoo, and Cranetop

- Add 3 new maps.

People are always bitching about maps. Adding other custom maps will only lead to more bitching, because people are unfamiliar with it.

Indeed. I mean, since when do people hate Hoodoo? I know many people dislike Cranetop, but please don't delete Pipeline. I think that one is one of the best, but people rage-quit because it takes too long.

And yes, when new maps will be added, people are going to complain about those too, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it.

I have another idea: how about organizing "Fresh Friday"? Players can make maps and send them to admins, and every friday for example from 20:00 till 22:00, we will try out those maps. I know everyone will disagree, just sounds fun to me.

I have another idea: how about organizing "Fresh Friday"? Players can make maps and send them to admins, and every friday for example from 20:00 till 22:00, we will try out those maps. I know everyone will disagree, just sounds fun to me.

We're not going to do weekly events, we're not a clan.

I'll look at new maps in the near future. Thing is: people will always complain about non-official maps if they're losing. I think pl_cranetop is a great map, and the balance is good.

People are always bitching about maps. Adding other custom maps will only lead to more bitching, because people are unfamiliar with it.

Yaya very right , that's the reason why we have only 15 to 20 players sometimes in the middle of the day when usualy we had 32/32.

Yeah.. need payload maps like Badwater. not to many chokepoints.

Goldrush has ehm.. 10 chokepoints?

Actually stage 2 and 3 are one massive chokepoint. Spam occours :o

its so boring. you cant attack, you either get Sniped, sentried, Demomanned,Soldierd etc etc.

Please dont remove maps like badwater.

Yaya very right , that's the reason why we have only 15 to 20 players sometimes in the middle of the day when usualy we had 32/32.

Player counts always drops when playing on a custom map. And 15 to 20 players is not bad at all.

I like all the payload maps, except for pl_cranetop_b8. That map is way too large and is pretty amateuristic when it comes to the layout/structure/architecture of the map.

Many people leave when this map is next. It'd be great if this one was removed.

I'd be great if this one was removed.

No, you wouldn't.

This poll sucks. Can't you make different questions like "Do you want new maps to be added?", "Do you think maps should be deleted?" and a more specific question "Which map should be deleted?"

Well, the title says 'New maps in TF2 PL'

Yes or no...

I'd be great if this one was removed.

No, you wouldn't.

This poll sucks. Can't you make different questions like "Do you want new maps to be added?", "Do you think maps should be deleted?" and a more specific question "Which map should be deleted?"

Well, the title says 'New maps in TF2 PL'

Yes or no...

But the title of the poll is "New/Replaced/Remove maps in TF2 PL...?", that's what I don't understand.

The day before yesterday, Prisma, Rachel and me were playing at the PL server, around 0:30 am, and when it was cranetop, everybody left, there were only 6 of us in the server, and when the map changed again, more people joined. Even at 3 a.m. there were more people online than when it was cranetop! And don't say because it's a custom map. Hoodoo and Badwater are custom maps too, but the difference between those and cranetop is that they look like the official maps, and cranetop is just a crappy amateur map.

Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem, dude. smugdog.gif