Mr. Green Gaming

Autoredeem on HUD

no because that only shows your default setting

I often switch between having it enabled and disabled. The thing in the options menu is only for keeping it the same, it doesnt tell you if its enabled at that very moment.

It always shows your latest setting, and it saves between maps (and if you shut down GMod normally).

Turn autoredeem on and it will remain on, turn it off and it will remain off between rejoining and map changes.

No use crowding the HUD with more information.

It writes to file :o? Well, in that case, i don't know how your mechanism works. As for the "crowding the HUD with info" : even if the setting saves, we always turn it on and off and we forget about it ..

Maybe a simple -- if GetConVar (..blablaautoredeem) == 1 then .. draw ..bla bla ENABLED ,elseif GetConVar == 0 , draw bla bla Disabled -- script. That would really do. (Maybe just show 1 or 0 on the HUD, instead of "Autoredeem is enabled.") ... pleassee :D

EDIT : Maybe something on the hud like - "AR - 1", so it doesn't crowd the HUD.

Edited by -N7-BloodGuard Deluvas

I have an idea,it's "economic",it doesn't takes so much place on the hud and it can be useful,why not an icon for autoredeem on/off?

It's just some icon near the lifebar (or anywhere else,depends of Clavus opinion of course^^) when you type !autoredeem you have some "nike" icon with it,and when it's desactivated it's a red cross,I made a pic to make it more clear:

picato.png

More nonsense info on the HUD will only make it harder to understand for new players. Stop being lazy and check your options menu!

I think I'd have to agree, the more information you have on screen, the more off-putting It is for new players. I'm sure pressing f4 isn't to strenuous ;)

More nonsense info on the HUD will only make it harder to understand for new players. Stop being lazy and check your options menu!

I think I'd have to agree, the more information you have on screen, the more off-putting It is for new players. I'm sure pressing f4 isn't to strenuous ;)

hm fair enough. I didn't realise that was how the toggle thing worked. It would still be quicker just to do it the chatbox way than pressing f4 though but I guess there was no real issue in the first placel. Just an idea. I think I'll stop having 'ideas', most of them seem to suck XD