Mr. Green Gaming

Lambda Wars Development

Hello, welcome to the Lambda Wars development thread!

OVERVIEW

Lambda Wars is a free multiplayer Source Engine modification for Alien Swarm set in the Half-Life 2 universe that brings the war between mankind and their brutal Combine overlords to a traditional real-time strategy (RTS) setting. Lead the uprising as a commander of the Resistance or crush the rebellion as an overlord of the Combine, with both factions featuring a full host of units, abilities, buildings, research and defenses. Lambda Wars features full-fledged RTS gameplay and a robust RTS interface and is focused on multiplayer but strategic AI opponents and dedicated singleplayer missions are also included.

Lambda Wars can be downloaded and played for free on Steam! Link to the Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/270370/

Features: 

• Classic real-time strategy (RTS) gameplay in the Half-Life 2 world 
  • Multiplayer support and game lobby including spectator mode 
  • Wide variety of maps for up to 8 human or AI players 
  • Play as either Combine or Resistance (and also Antlions in Sandbox mode) 
  • Full unit tech tree that allows you to command everything from Manhacks to Striders 
  • Full-fledged RTS interface and HUD with everything from minimap and fog of war to unit and production building groups 
  • Build production and research facilities to requisition better units and unlock abilities and upgrades 
  • Defensive structures, turrets and mines help defend your headquarters and vital resource points 
  • Multiple game modes 
  • Singleplayer missions, tutorial map and offline AI skirmish mode

For more info, please visit our forums at our website.

As an official representative of "Vortal Storm" (Lambda Wars development team), I will post new releases and updates related to Lambda Wars here. 

If you have any questions related to the game or our team, feel free to ask!

Thank you for your attention.

-Darkness

mod_db_icon.2.jpg

Edited by Mr. Darkness

it is thanks to me that Mr.Darkness found that project :P

but anyways dude you're the main contributor of the developer team keep it up, the game should be advertised more on the steam page, and competitive modes should take place often ( I remember participating in the 1v1 tournaments, good stuff sick plays :D )

20 hours ago, rui_troia said:

it is thanks to me that Mr.Darkness found that project :P

but anyways dude you're the main contributor of the developer team keep it up, the game should be advertised more on the steam page, and competitive modes should take place often ( I remember participating in the 1v1 tournaments, good stuff sick plays :D )

Sadly, the advertisement over Steam page is limited. Steamworks doesn't allow more than 5 (or 6, don't quite remember) advertisements.

As for the competitive plays, we had a tournament (but was too slow due to indecisive players). We still got players with medals in the end.