Mr. Green Gaming

DeathMatch gamemode does not belong to the Race server.

DM gone from RACE?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want DeathMatch maps to be removed from the Race server?

3 hours ago, Cena said:

DM doesn't fit into mix. DM is made for players who practice and remember the map (in general those maps needs skilled players). Mix doesn't need these type of gamemodes. Mix wants gamemodes which needs "skills" and "LUCK" and by that way mix is totally different. 

That's one opinion ofcourse. Some of the NTS maps have to be remembered too if you want to finish this as fast as possible. In my opinion someone needs to look to script something where we can play DM within the Mr. Green community. Now and then I go play DM in another server but I would like to see this addition in Mr. Green as in that way new achievements, stats can be added. New challenges to fulfill

2 hours ago, TheMoose said:

CTF is the heart and soul of mix u turd @r0cK :wub:

CTF also needs better map makers as it has so much potential.

I can't believe no map maker makes better maps for it.

I may have to learn map making myself.

DM belongs in race as race is all about skill. If anything, because let's face it it doesn't belong in race either, and if i were a racer I'd be annoyed as fuck by DM.

Mix is about idiots. DM is also extremely fucking annoying in mix because it's the polar opposite of what mix is.

I voted no so you don't dump the shitty DM on mix.

The only thing in CTF is camping on the others flag. I never have fun playing this mode. But that's my opinion ofc. Maybe there are no good maps. 

13 minutes ago, r0cK said:

It's clear, there needs to be an extra room on Mr. GREEN for the players who like DM. It might also attract more players when this room is added.

As you can see the majority of the voters don't want to delete these DM maps. 

I wonder if you are going to listen to the people's vote or still going to follow your own thoughts and act like a dictator. 

I think a server with only the true DM mode wouldn't work. Unskilled players would just be spectating most of the map because they die early while the pro players do their thingy for another 5 minutes. It may be fun for a while but at the end I expect an inactive server with only a few pro's in it. I don't think its worth the effort of adding it to a new server (or multirooms).

2 hours ago, Bierbuikje said:

I think a server with only the true DM mode wouldn't work. Unskilled players would just be spectating most of the map because they die early while the pro players do their thingy for another 5 minutes. It may be fun for a while but at the end I expect an inactive server with only a few pro's in it. I don't think its worth the effort of adding it to a new server (or multirooms).

Okay you have a point there, but last time YWA suggested DM with checkpoints which could solve this problem.  Which is basically a map made for DM gamemode but turn it into a Racemode so you can respawn and continue to the finish. Yes I say finish because a hunter battle makes it DM again :)

In that way MultiRooms could be a nice addition. Or we keep mix with SH RTF DD and NTS and maybe add PTF(ParcoursToFinish) to the mix server. 

*PTF - Basically the same as DM but instead of 1 life this parcours is with checkpoints - if - you die you respawn at last checkpoint and the finish is just a finish checkpoint instead of the Hunter in Dm

Edited by r0cK
36 minutes ago, TheMoose said:

Dude its called defending. You'd probably hate the better CTF maps I have in mind xD

I just don't like the most of ctf maps as it's made by kids and is just crap.  But that's my own opinion. There are people who like ctf and cargame. :P

10 minutes ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

There is no DM Gamemode on the race server, what the fuck are you talking about? Please stop talking shit if you want us to help you.

That was my same thoughts too. They're confusing maps with a looping or a wallride with DM.  People think a map is DM as soon a looping or wallride is included *sigh*. (atleast if I may believe Cena and Goldberg) 

It has come so far that map managers won't accept any new rtf maps with a looping or wallride. They don't want DM on RTF but try to speak with them. They don't listen to us.. players

Edited by r0cK
40 minutes ago, r0cK said:

*PTF - Basically the same as DM but instead of 1 life this parcours is with checkpoints - if - you die you respawn at last checkpoint and the finish is just a finish checkpoint instead of the Hunter in Dm

Thats the same as RTF now. DM maps are uploaded as RTF and you can respawn. The only differences you said is checkpoint instead of nothing so you dont start from the beginning.

35 minutes ago, r0cK said:

That was my same thoughts too. They're confusing maps with a looping or a wallride with DM.  People think a map is DM as soon a looping or wallride is included *sigh*. (atleast if I may believe Cena and Goldberg) 

It has come so far that map managers won't accept any new rtf maps with a looping or wallride. They don't want DM on RTF but try to speak with them. They don't listen to us.. players

players: some will say yes and some will say no. Who to choose? You don't know and sometimes we (Goldberg and I) have to take decisions that some players won't like.

wallride is 99% of the time (when I tested maps) is hard for 75%+ of the players online. Only 1-5 players can do it out of 35+ players. I can't allow that to happen.    

Forget to mention, I do like DM maps myself. I am the admin who started accepting DM maps as RTF in the first place (warp never accepted DM maps) and most players seemed that time to be fine with it, but now they are not and I can't accept them anymore (we have enough already).

Edited by Cena