Mr. Green Gaming

Small ZS updates

Ywa

I'll post small ZS updates here.

What I've edited so far:

• [Fix] Fixed roll the dice
  • [Change] Improved director (better balancing) (spawns less hammers etc. etc.)
  • [Change] Decreased max. prop health with 50%
  • [Delete] Completely disabled reviving (redeeming still works)
  • [Delete] Temporarily disabled dragging (due to an exploit)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update released this evening:

• [Fixed] Zombie healthbar vtf (thanks Deluvas)
  • [Delete] Removed the barricade kit.
  • [Change] Hammers can't be dropped anymore.
  • [Change] Roll the dice got minor edits
  • [Change] Improved director and difficulty results
  • [Other] Other small edits

Please note dragging is still disabled.

[*][Delete] Removed the barricade kit. :angry:

[*][Change] Hammers can't be dropped anymore. :huh:

Anything I can say to that.. Server turns more bad...

I suppose you just say that because you used the exploits with them.

Why not trying to fix the cade gun glitch instead of deleting it? Hammer will never replace cade gun because cade gun was especially used in the attics to slow the zombies and block them,hammer can't do it,for the moment maybe,because we can't grab props to place it where we want.

Also,why not a substitute gun if you don't want cade gun to be back?It can be like a cade gun which needs to be charged by picking up wood debris for example (you break a wood crate and pick up its parts to charge a bar which represents a plank,and for each plank you need wood parts etc...) ?

It can be a good alternative, people have to find pieces of wood to make a plank and they can't glitch because they need to charge the gun.

[*][Delete] Removed the barricade kit. :angry:

[*][Change] Hammers can't be dropped anymore. :huh:

Anything I can say to that.. Server turns more bad...

I suppose you just say that because you used the exploits with them.

I didn't know about this glitch, I got a cade kit and just made 3 cades. Somebody should have told me that eralier, so I could have won the round :lol:

You can make a cade kit, with 3 cades...

Ok, my work, so far ...

I. Gameplay :

A. Humans : Implemented a bullet damage calculation system. That means, the further the bullet goes, the lesser the damage. Guns not affected by this : AWM,Sniper,Crossbow. (Reason : No more zombie spawn killing from 500 km, for you!)

[NEW] Added recoil on almost all weapons and slightly reduced spread values. (Reason: They are real punchy weapons, not butter!)

[FIX] Fixed ironsight reload bug and animation.

[FIX] Fixed AWM/Scout/Crossbow fov bug.

[FIX] Fixed a typo on the screenboard.

[FIX] Fixed the dice crashing the player chat commands. (I hope so :V)

[FIX] Upgrade "Last Stand Man" now gives the player the M249 even if your slots are full.

B. Zombies:

[FIX] Fixed "SteamRoller" upgrade. It is now giving the right amount of health back.

[NEW] Changed zombie postprocessing (I don't know if it's permanent)

[FIX] Fixed gibs. They now return the right amount of health back.

[FIX] Fixed poison headcrab view.

II. Shop:

[NEW] Added new shop item: Vampire! Cost: 7000 GC. As zombie, you leech health from your victim. The greater the damage, the greater the health leeched.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Cheat Death! Cost: 6500 GC.As human, if you have health equal or less than 30 and you get hit by a zombie (and the damage is greater than 25), then you have a 30% chance to not take damage. This can occur once every 5 minutes.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Horse health. Cost: 5500GC. As human, you regenerate an additional 10 hp. You need "Quick Cure" to buy this upgrade, and at least 3 other upgrades.

[NEW] Added new hat: Computer Monitor.

[NEW] Added new hat: Skull!

[NEW] Added new hats: Headcrab Hat and Egg Hat.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Natural Immunity. Cost: 5000 GC. As human, if you get hit by a poison headcrab spit or hump, you will get 40% less damage. You need at least 4 other upgrades to buy this.

III. VGUI:

A. Hud:

[FIX] Fixed health bar. It now shows health correctly.

B. Effects :

[NEW] Added a shake screen when you move right/left.

[NEW] Added reloading sound when you reload a weapon as a human!

[NEW] Added different glow colors for different weapons.

Note: #1. These are not all the changes i want to do to the gamemode, but just what i've worked so far.

#2. I'll post some ideas i want to implement soon enough.

#3. Expect !some! this to be online in about 2 weeks or so.

Possible new features to experiment/text in the near future:

- No collision between teammates (left4dead style) - (there is a problem, though, as Ywa said.. You can camp in each other :<)

- No collision with small props (left4dead style) - (Warning: Prop killing works,even with these small props!) -- Highly experimental

- New zombie class(es) and secondary attack.

- Human classes/perks! (:o) -- Killing Floor style. (This would be a lot of work!)

- New achievements, shop items.

- Probably some new vgui elements, too! (Like a dynamic hint system, left4dead style :P)

- Ambient FX.

- Drag system

Bottom line is to make the game attract players again; both teams should be fun to play and probably balanced (I don't think you really can do that - It depends on the maps). Anyways, i'm leaving town on 29, i'll be back on 4-5 September, i think. Bye

Edited by Deluvas
Ok, my work, so far ...

I. Gameplay :

A. Humans : Implemented a bullet damage calculation system. That means, the further the bullet goes, the lesser the damage. Guns not affected by this : AWM,Sniper,Crossbow. (Reason : No more zombie spawn killing from 500 km, for you!)

[NEW] Added recoil on almost all weapons and slightly reduced spread values. (Reason: They are real punchy weapons, not butter!)

[FIX] Fixed ironsight reload bug and animation.

[FIX] Fixed AWM/Scout/Crossbow fov bug.

[FIX] Fixed a typo on the screenboard.

[FIX] Fixed the dice crashing the player chat commands. (I hope so :V)

[FIX] Upgrade "Last Stand Man" now gives the player the M249 even if your slots are full.

B. Zombies:

[FIX] Fixed "SteamRoller" upgrade. It is now giving the right amount of health back.

[NEW] Changed zombie postprocessing (I don't know if it's permanent)

[FIX] Fixed gibs. They now return the right amount of health back.

[FIX] Fixed poison headcrab view.

II. Shop:

[NEW] Added new shop item: Vampire! Cost: 7000 GC. As zombie, you leech health from your victim. The greater the damage, the greater the health leeched.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Cheat Death! Cost: 6500 GC.As human, if you have health equal or less than 30 and you get hit by a zombie (and the damage is greater than 25), then you have a 30% chance to not take damage. This can occur once every 5 minutes.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Horse health. Cost: 5500GC. As human, you regenerate an additional 10 hp. You need "Quick Cure" to buy this upgrade, and at least 3 other upgrades.

[NEW] Added new hat: Computer Monitor.

[NEW] Added new hat: Skull!

[NEW] Added new hats: Headcrab Hat and Egg Hat.

[NEW] Added new shop item: Natural Immunity. Cost: 5000 GC. As human, if you get hit by a poison headcrab spit or hump, you will get 40% less damage. You need at least 4 other upgrades to buy this.

III. VGUI:

A. Hud:

[FIX] Fixed health bar. It now shows health correctly.

B. Effects :

[NEW] Added a shake screen when you move right/left.

[NEW] Added reloading sound when you reload a weapon as a human!

[NEW] Added different glow colors for different weapons.

Note: #1. These are not all the changes i want to do to the gamemode, but just what i've worked so far.

#2. I'll post some ideas i want to implement soon enough.

#3. Expect !some! this to be online in about 2 weeks or so.

Possible new features to experiment/text in the near future:

- No collision between teammates (left4dead style) - (there is a problem, though, as Ywa said.. You can camp in each other :<)

- No collision with small props (left4dead style) - (Warning: Prop killing works,even with these small props!) -- Highly experimental

- New zombie class(es) and secondary attack.

- Human classes/perks! (:o) -- Killing Floor style. (This would be a lot of work!)

- New achievements, shop items.

- Probably some new vgui elements, too! (Like a dynamic hint system, left4dead style :P)

- Ambient FX.

- Drag system

Bottom line is to make the game attract players again; both teams should be fun to play and probably balanced (I don't think you really can do that - It depends on the maps). Anyways, i'm leaving town on 29, i'll be back on 4-5 September, i think. Bye

When are you going to tweak the melee system ? :V