Mr. Green Gaming

Help Binding Keys..

RoboRobb

I have been looking everywhere for how to bind certain weapons to my keyboard... It just doesnt seem to work at all!

All i want to do Is bind a particular weapon to a key so that I dont cycle through them slowly and end up getting turned into dog food!

The closest Ive got to this working is -

Bind m "sk_max_pistol" ---I think this is a half life 2 cheat

bind v "ma_give weapon_m4a1" - I think this is a counter strike cheat -_-

Both of these dont work.

Blah, I am confused, I dont know where to look. Any help? Thanks :D

All i want to do Is bind a particular weapon to a key so that I dont cycle through them slowly and end up getting turned into dog food!

Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable fast weapon switch

Make sure you have the weapon slots binded to your numeric keys in the Options -> Keyboard part.

Humm, the command you where geniunely looking for is "use <weapon_name>" I suppose. You can see the weapon's names in the console, when the deathnotes are printed, like "Player1 killed Player2 with <weaponname>".

But if you improve your coordinaton by practising and enabling fast weapon switch as Clavus said it's far better than slapping some weapons all over your keyboard and having no key left for reasonable binds like "YAARGHH!" :V