Mr. Green Gaming

Did that hurt? Sorry!!!

EmRA

New stuff and no one had posted this so I can shout FIRST POST! Anyhow:

As with the first Left 4 Dead game, most of the TF2 team has moved over to help out Left 4 Dead 2 get through its final shipping steps. This time around, though, we've improved our process a little to ensure we can keep some people on TF2, enabling us to continue doing TF2 updates. We've been a bit slow on updating here, and there's plenty of stuff to talk about, so we might as well jump right in.

First off, a quick update on where we are with the character model and animation sources. After we got over our excitement of releasing them, we ran into a couple of problems:

* All the character modelers & animators are incredibly busy working on L4D2.

* None of our new .DMX file format tools have been released in the SDK yet, which are integral to working with these sources.

As a result, it's taken a bit more work than we'd originally intended. And to make sure that the work is being done right, we decided it'd be best to get one model out, if only so we could get your feedback on it before we went ahead and got the rest done. So today we're updating the Source SDK to include all the model and animation source for the Heavy. Take a look at it, and be sure to send us your thoughts.

Secondly, some community updates:

* The Dead Workers Party just released their 88th (!) TF2 podcast over at the Control Point podcast, the longest running TF-related podcast in the universe. There's a wealth of information there on updates, class strategies, new maps, and player shoutouts, as well as plenty of fun community stuff you can get involved in, like fan videos and art.

* The folks over at Ubercharged.net have finished their fantastic introduction to competitive TF2.

* The SourceOP guys keep working away on their nifty TF2 Backpack Viewer. It's great if you ever wanted to see what items your buddies are toting around. Or if you wanted to see Gabe's weapon that bans your Steam account if he kills you with it.

Finally, we've had a lot of requests to release the official set of "Ubercharged" avatars that Dhabih did for our internal TF2 clan. You can buff up your community profile by getting them from the Official TF2 Community page or grab the zip of them here.

Oh, now they're crying, they shouldn't be working on L4D2 yet in the first place!

Gtfo sir, L4D2 is awesome.

It might be awesome, but it's unfair if you have bought L4D1, with the (now false) promises in mind that it would be updated like TF2 with new content. I mean, look at the release times between HL1 and HL2, CS 1.6 and CSS, TFC and TF2 and finally L4D1 and L4D2.. o_O

Oh, now they're crying, they shouldn't be working on L4D2 yet in the first place!

Gtfo sir, L4D2 is awesome.

It might be awesome, but it's unfair if you have bought L4D1, with the (now false) promises in mind that it would be updated like TF2 with new content. I mean, look at the release times between HL1 and HL2, CS 1.6 and CSS, TFC and TF2 and finally L4D1 and L4D2.. o_O

What about the relase dates between Call of Duty series? :V there is new one every year!

And what do you mean "false promises"? You got survival gamemode and the upcoming crash course campaing.

They can't feed their families by making free stuff for us.

What about the relase dates between Call of Duty series? :V there is new one every year!

And what do you mean "false promises"? You got survival gamemode and the upcoming crash course campaing.

But we are used to that. Valve never has done this before. I loved Valve because they didn't milk out series like EA is doing with Need for Speed, Fifa, The Sims and many more. And small updates to cover their problems with the L4D1 community just isn't good enough. If they'd sell L4D2 as DLC/expansion for 10 euros in stead of 50, I wouldn't complain (that much).

But we are used to that. Valve never has done this before. I loved Valve because they didn't milk out series like EA is doing with Need for Speed, Fifa, The Sims and many more. And small updates to cover their problems with the L4D1 community just isn't good enough. If they'd sell L4D2 as DLC/expansion for 10 euros in stead of 50, I wouldn't complain (that much).

You could have just told me you are bum in the first place :V