Mr. Green Gaming

Disable team picking on arena

Mr.Green Arena  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should teams be randomly assigned?

• Yes
    • No

As the title says, have Arena to randomly assign players. It's much more fun that way and prevents team stacking. Also allow the server to equal out the teams to keep the gameplay fun and interesting.

Arena's used to be fun before, an update unlocked the new cvars which have been set on Mr.Green's Arena, but I think it would be much better if those cvars were set to pre-update settings.

The inspiration for this post was from playing 2 games on the arena server, both games being on the team with 0% wins.

I dont like the idea, people should be able to join the team of his/her choice

Well on another server I played on, they implemented this and it ended up always being clan-stacks... Not exactly 'fun' for regular pubbers.

Still. If you ain't winning you need to revise your strategy together. It's called "Team" Fortress after all.

I only play Arena when the CP server is too full or empty. Arena is fun, but when it's stacked, it's not.

There was an Arena match with me and MysteryImp and some guys on one team, with 3 Insane on the other team.

That was balanced. That was ultra fun.

In that case it's the responsibility of the regulars to spread out over the teams.

I dont like the idea, people should be able to join the team of his/her choice

Well on another server I played on, they implemented this and it ended up always being clan-stacks... Not exactly 'fun' for regular pubbers.

Still. If you ain't winning you need to revise your strategy together. It's called "Team" Fortress after all.

One team: A group of friends experienced in TF2 and 1-2 pubbers.

Other team: 3-4 players new to the game, another 2 players killwhoring, then 1-2 players wanting to work as a team.

My point is, the teams should be an even mix of experienced and new players, and the best way at doing that is to have it randomly assign, and switch over players if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

I vote no.

You want to play with your old team that has its own plan and friends and etc. I think that would be great if you will have your place in your team. Making it auto-balance some one will give bad results. But there is a tip. If Auto-balance will be removed, someone of another team will join the strongest so it will be very annoying for "noobest" team.

Sry for my English btw.

Edited by Mr.Darkness