Jump to content
Mr. Green Gaming

Hello guys! I am new to this forums.


Recommended Posts

Hello MrGreenGaming community,

my name is Martin and I am new to this forums. I like playing Multi Theft Auto San Andreas. When I play I do visit the MrGreenGaming racing server regularly. In my opinion it is the best MTA racing server! I invite you to play with me. It is very likely that you will find me online if you visit the MTA server these days.

Have a good day!

(It is me from the MTA forums.)

Edited by The_GTA
Link to comment

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the stay around here. I should personally play more MTA myself, considering that I am actually a Garry's Mod player usually. I really do hope that you stick around and find more stuff that you enjoy about our community! 😄 I'll keep an eye out in case I spot you in the MTA server if I hop on it at any given time.

Link to comment

Hello Kashio!

5 hours ago, Kashio said:

... I am actually a Garry's Mod player usually.

Is there a vibrant modding and scripting community in Garry's Mod? I heard that they are also using the Lua scripting language but I have never personally dug into it. Are there regular updates to the game just like for MTA?

5 hours ago, Kashio said:

I really do hope that you stick around and find more stuff that you enjoy about our community! 😄

I hope so too! I would like to see the forums active, if possible more active than the MTA forums in terms of representing server activity. Some influential person on the MTA forums has said that all the cool kids hang out at Discord these days. To me it is baffling because only on the forums you can lead thoughtful and organized discussions, with features like editing posts or being available to search indexing for broader audiences.

5 hours ago, Kashio said:

I'll keep an eye out in case I spot you in the MTA server if I hop on it at any given time.

I really mean it. Besides another random freeroam server with mostly random exploiters I do regularly visit MrGreenGaming's race server. There are times I visit the server each day, other times but less frequent I am occupied with special work or travel so I skip out. I am flattered by the admin response to new-arrivals 😀

Edited by The_GTA
Link to comment
5 hours ago, The_GTA said:

Hello Kashio!

Is there a vibrant modding and scripting community in Garry's Mod? I heard that they are also using the Lua scripting language but I have never personally dug into it. Are there regular updates to the game just like for MTA?

I hope so too! I would like to see the forums active, if possible more active than the MTA forums in terms of representing server activity. Some influential person on the MTA forums has said that all the cool kids hang out at Discord these days. To me it is baffling because only on the forums you can lead thoughtful and organized discussions, with features like editing posts or being available to search indexing for broader audiences.

I really mean it. Besides another random freeroam server with mostly random exploiters I do regularly visit MrGreenGaming's race server. There are times I visit the server each day, other times but less frequent I am occupied with special work or travel so I skip out. I am flattered by the admin response to new-arrivals 😀

Hey there!

Yes, there is a community that is very much still alive, even if not as hugely active as it was back then. I'd say it's even more alive than MTA's in some manner, which is understandable since Garry's Mod above all was made to be easy to modify.

And I also think that could be done if more people began to actually sign into the forums, I actually don't know why people do not like this forum. I think in part it's because we're entering an era of fast communication via things like Discord, so for most people forums may feel outdated, but in a way it feels cleaner and more organized to me than Discord oftentimes (despite the fact I use Discord much more, it's convenient, not gonna lie.) While Discord has as many convenient features as your typical forum and usually even more, I feel like it's great for chatting, not for writing lengthy texts, so I do have to agree with you there.

I will keep it in mind, thanks! I couldn't really be there last night, but maybe in some hours I will attempt to actually join the MTA server again, not sure when exactly, but I'd really like to at least. I personally only play on MTA's Mr. Green server since I was never much of a MTA player myself. (I was more of a SA:MP player, despite its inherent flaws, I somehow still enjoyed it more, oddly enough.) I am glad you feel that way, for me as a staff member what's most important is that both current members and newcomers alike get to have a comfortable, fun experience in the long run. I think that's what makes a community truly stand out; When it becomes special to a group of people, and when it shows it has the ability to be flexible and welcoming to others. And I hope that truly will end up being demonstrated to you by the rest of the community, especially more so when it comes to staff members.

Edited by Kashio
Link to comment
On 11/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, Kashio said:

Hey there!

Yes, there is a community that is very much still alive, even if not as hugely active as it was back then. I'd say it's even more alive than MTA's in some manner, which is understandable since Garry's Mod above all was made to be easy to modify.

And I also think that could be done if more people began to actually sign into the forums, I actually don't know why people do not like this forum. I think in part it's because we're entering an era of fast communication via things like Discord, so for most people forums may feel outdated, but in a way it feels cleaner and more organized to me than Discord oftentimes (despite the fact I use Discord much more, it's convenient, not gonna lie.) While Discord has as many convenient features as your typical forum and usually even more, I feel like it's great for chatting, not for writing lengthy texts, so I do have to agree with you there.

I will keep it in mind, thanks! I couldn't really be there last night, but maybe in some hours I will attempt to actually join the MTA server again, not sure when exactly, but I'd really like to at least. I personally only play on MTA's Mr. Green server since I was never much of a MTA player myself. (I was more of a SA:MP player, despite its inherent flaws, I somehow still enjoyed it more, oddly enough.) I am glad you feel that way, for me as a staff member what's most important is that both current members and newcomers alike get to have a comfortable, fun experience in the long run. I think that's what makes a community truly stand out; When it becomes special to a group of people, and when it shows it has the ability to be flexible and welcoming to others. And I hope that truly will end up being demonstrated to you by the rest of the community, especially more so when it comes to staff members.

I appreciate your insightful comments. 🥰

---

I would like to thank the MrGreenGaming forums adminstration for fixing the avatar and profile cover image uploads! By showing face I want to be a respectful and respectable member of this community.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...