Mr. Green Gaming

[REQ] Server config improvements & map(s)

VforV

The Day of Defeat: Source server, L4G's newest server, is running very well. :) However, I still miss a few things:

- Team balancing

Right now, it's possible to have teams that have 2 or 3 players more than the other team, without a balancer that evens the teams, which is quite annoying. I know that it's not fun when you get moved to the other team because of team balance, but I rather have that, than having to see one team with 15 players, while the other team has only 12 players.

- Custom map(s)

dod_harrington is a pretty nice custom made map. It's a remake of the dod_harrington map in DoD 1.3, and the map's structure is respected, it looks just like the original, unlike the Valve remakes of DoDS maps like Avalanve, Flash, Donner etc.

The CAMP1 pack (Community Assembled Map Pack) also seems to be good, you might want to check it out: http://www.fileplanet.com/176443/170000/fileinfo/Day-of-Defeat:-Source---CAMP1-Map-Pack

- Green coins

I don't know if Green Coins are enabled here, I see chat messages about it, but when I type '!gc', it doesn't show my GC. Will this be enabled in the future? If so, please don't enable it for DoDS, when it comes to gameplay advantages. Maybe only for hats and stuff, so it doesn't affect gameplay. In TF2 it isn't that bad, as TF2 is a fun game, and DoDS is more serious.

Not really.

It depends on your Sk33lz

And what guns you use. -,-

I'm getting so fucking tired of those medium fuckers (aka people who are Assault class > thompson and MP40). That class requires no skill at all (unless you call running around and spray a skill). This class really need to be limited to 1 or 2. In fact all classes need to be limited, exept for the classes that require skill like Rifleman and Support. Sniper should be limited to 2, and MG too.

Right now everything is so unbalanced, leading to one team camping with snipers, and the other team that tries to find a way through those snipers, if they don't get killed by a running and spraying 10-year old with a fucking medium. It's really making me pissed. TF2 might not need class limitations, but without class limitations in DoDS, this game is totally ruined. There are rounds that are taking forever because no one can capture a flag because of those campers and imbalance.

Give me good numbers for class-limits.

Rifleman - no limit

Support - no limit

Rocket - no limit? You can get good kills with it but no one is over-using this class like Assault

Sniper - 2 or 1 player(s) allowed

MG - 2 or 1 player(s) allowed

Assault - 1 player allowed

I think that's all of them classes.

Give me good numbers for class-limits.

Rifleman - no limit

Support - no limit

Rocket - no limit? You can get good kills with it but no one is over-using this class like Assault

Sniper - 2 or 1 player(s) allowed

MG - 2 or 1 player(s) allowed

Assault - 1 player allowed

I think that's all of them classes.

1 player is to small. Atleast 2 players (it's a 32 slot server)

1 player is to small. Atleast 2 players (it's a 32 slot server)

Yes, I know, I even was being generous; if it depended on me, I wouldn't even allow it at all. :V

Maybe it'd also be nice if the points you get on hlstatsx depend on what gun you use. So that these sprayer get 2 points per kill in stead of 20.

Edited by VforV
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...