Mr. Green Gaming

the lack of maps brings much imbalance to the force

Donlan

Well there seems to be alot less people suggesting & making maps anymore which obviously means no new maps on the server which in the end means not as much fun to be had while playing.

So I propose some form of unofficial community made maps to be made to counter this lack of content.

For example a list of criteria for the maps content is posted, then people post and state what part of the map they'd like to work on (be it texturing, designing it ect)

Also I've got many map .vmfs from failed & completed maps that I could release if people wanted to build upon them (s lnog as credit is given in some way or form)

So post your thoughts on this idea

Well... were not a mapping community, and we can't have a new map from five persons every day. I have tried making maps, but they always seem to be failed. Or, rather, I think they're not good enough.

Right now, I'm trying to make a map from the first chapter of Dead Space. I got the game myself, and I'm a huge fan, so I can always just play some and look how it looks like. It's just a little side-project, so I don't spend craploads of time at it everyday.

Someday it might be finished though. Don't start waiting, lol. :P

Well there seems to be alot less people suggesting & making maps anymore which obviously means no new maps on the server which in the end means not as much fun to be had while playing.

So I propose some form of unofficial community made maps to be made to counter this lack of content.

For example a list of criteria for the maps content is posted, then people post and state what part of the map they'd like to work on (be it texturing, designing it ect)

Also I've got many map .vmfs from failed & completed maps that I could release if people wanted to build upon them (s lnog as credit is given in some way or form)

So post your thoughts on this idea

Suggesting maps can be done here: http://forums.left4green.com/index.php?showtopic=22

And ZS already has a shitload of maps, just not all of them are that good. And like Redgord said, we're not a fullscale mapping community that pumps out maps every day. Most stuff can be found on Facepunch and maybe on FPSBanana or Interlopers.net (last one being the best website for Source mapping on the internet).

Please, was there any need to be so rude in that post?

Well, donlan , i think that Random Hobo is an old player that was aimbotting on mr green long time ago. he got banned from the mr-green.nl forums, then he joined here. He also contribuied to fixing a bug in gmod. I think he is AzuiSleet!